summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 13, 2012

snowday!!!

Snow snow snow!!! Deep and drifting and blowing and cold! I don't know this from just looking out the windows this morning, no, I had to venture out in it for my gallbladder sono. I was tempted to cancel, but decided not to because the kids are going back to college next week, and it will get tricky to get someone to get the kids on the bus and watch Camille...so out I went.

Let me say first that I had a terrible headache. It could have been from going out in the wind to walk Rosie, or going without coffee because I had to fast for this test, or just sinuses, I don't know. But it was pounding. And the roads were terrible! Guesswork just to decide where to drive, and slippery because it started out raining, and the bottom snow was slushy, and it was getting colder out...anyway, this time I didn't have a hard time parking, I just went to the top of the garage and parked in the snow, it wasn't plowed yet. I then sneaked one ibuprofen, I mean "nothing by mouth after midnight" is all fine and dandy, but my head was pounding.

I lived through the sonogram, it was quick. Then to the snowy car I went...popped the trunk, and YES!!! there was still a bottle of Diet Sierra Mist in there! I took two more ibuprofen, and ate a few bites of a Balance bar...and I was ready to run into the grocery store for bread and milk...

The ride home was worse than the ride there....I prayed for safety, and I told God that if I made it home safely, I would be good! Then I walked in and...blah, forgot that pretty fast when I saw the girls had made fried potatoes for breakfast and didn't even rinse their ketchup plates...ect, ect....but I remembered again, and this will be a good day. I brought them chocolate donut holes, and did not have one with my coffee, just a light yogurt with sprinkles and a few chocolate chips.

And now we shall have a good snow day...perhaps we will bake cookies, ahh, the torture!!!

1 comment:

Martha said...

It was cold and snowy at the bus stop this morning and the snow plow had tipped my neighbor's recycle bins over into the snow. (I decided to pick them up before they were scattered any farther or buried.)

I love the wind and blowing snow when I can stay inside by the fire. Going out in it is not so fun, but I shall not complain. We have had such an easy winter so far that a little snow isn't going to get me down.