summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

going to the doctor....

blah. I have to be out the door in just a half hour, and still have to shower, so why am I sitting here writing this? Camille is snuggled up to me with the entire huge comforter from her bed wrapped around her, how does the doctor expect me to extricate myself from her and get in the shower on this 27 degree morning?

She wants to go with me. I told her to go wake Mirielle and if she will go too, she can go.

My organization and decluttering plans were derailed yesterday. Mali wanted to go order her scrubs for nursing school, and get some school supplies. I am nice, so I offered to pay for the scrubs for her birthday present, which isn't until March, so I reminded her not to forget when it rolls around that Mom got her something really nice: a lab coat, two tops, and a pair of scrub cargo pants. We then headed to the mall so I could return the two shirts that Joseph and Samuel did not like from Old Navy. Sam actually laughed at the one I picked out for him, I give up. I returned them and found some slippers for Mirielle and Suzanne, a shirt for Sonja, and some $1.47 capris that fit no one so far.

Mali and Aaron watched Camille in the play area while I quickly checked out Sears...I got myself a few skirts in smaller sizes, for motivation. Cheap, of course.

We had to hurry home because in my dawdling I had forgotten that the kids were going to the calling hours for the young man down the road from us. Aaron, Mali, Samuel, Margaret and Evelyn went. They just gave the mom a big hug, shook hands with the dad, and came home. I told them it was the least they could do. So so sad. They were pretty teary-eyed and sober when they came in the door.

Well, lots to write about but no time....have to take the shower and go to the Dreaded Doctor. What if his scale is broken and I weigh more than I did last time I went there? It is out in the hallway, the scale, I hate that! Can you shout that number a little louder, Miss Skinny Nurse, I don't think the people in the back row quite heard you!

2 comments:

ccc said...

You had me laughing at the skinny nurse comment about yelling the number in the hallway! The same goes for the grocery clerk who says the amount so loud that everyone looks and says in their head--who the heck is spending $457.15???

Virginia Revoir said...

Oh man, you should check out my blog if you get a chance and scroll down. I did a really, really cool declutter process. I was just so sick of too much stuff and my sister told me an easier way. I just get so overwhelmed and seemed to get nowhere. She said you empty out one room at a time and then only put back what you want. Donate the rest. It was a BIG job but my whole house is completely and totally decluttered. The only thing I'm working on now is clothes. I'm going through everything as I wash them and donating lots. I hope this helps! :D