summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, January 8, 2012

sunday dinner....

blah, it is getting that time...that dreaded time: dinner time. We already had lunch, isn't that good enough? To be fair, Evelyn made the tomato soup and Kathryn made the grilled cheese and the fried potatoes (which were for her and Suze). I just did dishes and supervised and cleaned up.

We are having roast beef, and veggies, and perhaps some rolls for the kids.

Jonathan and Sonja had friends over for a few hours this afternoon after church, Aaron is bringing them home now. It was a little loud and a little rambunctious, but nice to see Jon playing boyish with a little boy! Sonja and Hannah just played house and were pretty low-key.

I saw the twins today, Susan and Thomas' babies. Oh my goodness!! Talk about sweetness! They are so so beautiful! Evelyn and Sonja got to hold them...I didn't because I still have this cold, but it is probably the same cold the Aunties all have and have had, and it seems to be getting better...I cannot wait to hold them and cuddle them and maybe even change them and feed them...they are tiny! Still under six pounds each...

Camille wants it not to be winter, because she wants watermelon. I suggested we get a magic wand and change it to summer so we can go swimming in the pool and cook burgers on the grill and eat on the deck in our bathing suits, then toast marshmallows. She is asking over and over again if we can please really do that. Um, no.

We are out of eggs, so I am heading to the small store in town, which I don't like going to. I would rather drive another ten miles and get lower prices, but it is Sunday, and we are having Sunday dinner, so I need to just go and get back.

The four girls get back from Jamaica tomorrow night. I hope they had fun, and are not too burnt. I have missed them. Even though I don't see Emily and Abigail every day now, since they moved out and have jobs, I still text them alot and talk to them...and they were around so much for the Christmas break...

I exercised this afternoon, not that I wanted to. My mind is at odds with my body, well I suppose it is more accurate to say that my mind is at odds with my mind. I wanted to get moving and exercise, but I also had some really good excuses not to. Like that my head is stuffy, and I was tired....then Paul was trying to do a backbend/bridge, Kathryn and Margaret were showing him how, and I decided I wanted to try...so I got out of my comfy chair, into my workout pants...and no, I cannot do it. But once I got going, I just did a little workout. Nothing major, but it felt good.

And now I am going to the store....

2 comments:

Tereza said...

Every little bit feels good eh? And why oh why does it have to be dinner time again?? To be fair nicko made the eggs and Sylvia baked the cookies, but still;) see? You're not the only one!!

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

you are amazing! Keep up the good work.