summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

my 27 year old daughter

Emily on vacation in Jamaica
Emily 27, Abigail 25, Mali 17, and Mirielle 21
Emily and Mali, Mirielle and Abigail in the back
pretending to be sick
coloring at one of the restaurants in Jamaica
Emily
We wanna eat! (Em, Mol, please do not kill me for posting this. I think it highlights how much fun you guys had down there...)
Mali and Emily

Mali Rose, Emily-the-Birthday Girl, and Mirielle..(in Jamaica)

Here are some things about my dear daughter Emily...

1. She knew how to tell time when she was four. She could read in kindergarten.

2. She stopped taking naps when she was very small, reading piles of books quietly while the littler ones (and I) slept.

3. She knows everything about everything.

4. She does not act like she knows everything.

5. Her beauty comes from within, yet also from without.

6. The outings she takes the younger kids on are the stuff kids' dreams are made
of: walking in the river, hiking to the falls, going to the big nice library
without stopping at the store too...

7. In her growing up years here she could often be found out in a tree reading a
book.

8. She graduated third in her high school class, spent 6 months on the west coast
build the church conference center there, then spent a year in Norway before
going to nursing school.

9. She has been to India and England and Italy and Germany. And Jamaica.

10. She is only 19 years younger than me, so we are going to be in a nursing home ' together some day. Actually, she told me she would never put me in a home.
That alone makes her a good daughter, right?

11. I admire and respect and am thankful that she has chosen the straight and
narrow.

4 comments:

mom of 7 said...

I just turned 27 last friday. I wish you were my mom, you seem like such a great mother to all of your children:) Happy Birthday Emily!
Rachel

Humble wife said...

How Fun!!

I love this post!!

Best list of 11 all day!

Jennifer

ccc said...

Awww your comments on your daughter made me tear up. Such a sweet daughter you have, and such a wonderful mama. I love the fact that your girls took a vacation together--that's the way it should be.

Virginia Revoir said...

Ohhh, she sounds soooo sweet!