summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, May 26, 2012

aah, so glad to be home in my comfy chair....

Sunshine, soccer, selling candy...the kids tied two games, lost two games. They played hard and had fun.

The little princesses have been showered, had some vanilla ice cream, and tucked in. Jonathan and Sonja K. are still up with Paul and I. Ten of the kids are still out at the church with all the young people, as the tournament continues tomorrow.

I behaved myself today, food wise. Mostly. I ate two peanut M&M's, and one piece of laffy taffy, a very small piece. And a piece of 15 calorie bubble gum. And I ate the girls' pizza crusts. The pizzas were SO good, all crunchy and garlicy on the crusts. I mostly ate veggies and chicken though. And drank lots of water and tea and some diet soda. The chocolate I was selling looked good, but I resisted. And the ice creams...oh yum. When I served the kids their ice cream this evening I had a few tastes, French Vanilla yum.

A few people I haven't seen in a long time asked me if I had lost weight. I forget that I have lost almost 60 pounds. Day after day of making good decisions and working out when I don't feel like it has done something good, I guess. I was asked what I did. How can I explain in like two sentences how much I have changed my life?

Anyway...too tired to say much tonight. But I am thankful for this day.



2 comments:

Glenda said...

So glad to hear about your great day. Get some rest!

Tereza said...

I think my day today will be similar to yours...lots of in and out of the house...kids around me, two princesses in pretty dresses:) How I wanna take the day as well as you do! To put to death the negativity. Life just isnt all a bed of roses...but I wanna arite about the good things and actually mean it you know?! So thankful we have a way to happiness...and thats compete surrender and faith in God in ALL situations of life!