summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, May 19, 2012

bliss....just bliss.

Starting this afternoon, I was in heaven. Why? Oh, just sunshine and perfect temperatures, not a cloud in the sky. Sitting in the yard with Abigail while the princesses played in the little pool. Gardening with Paul. Going shopping to the unfinished furniture store with Abigail to pick up my Mother's Day present, which is a new bench that matches the other benches, thus freeing me up to get rid of a few of the unmatched chairs. We also went to a little sweet shop, and I chose a small mint chocolate chip ice cream cone, while she went for the peanutbutter chocolate chip cookie. I tasted it, and yes, it was YUM! Then home to prepare dinner...I grilled the chicken breast that was marinating...Abigail cooked the corn the princesses shucked, and I made a salad with spinach from our garden. We also had a watermelon. There were fifteen of us here for dinner, and it was very pleasant. After dinner, I walked all by myself, the 1.2 miles. Then when I got to our driveway, the princesses were waiting for me in nice bye-bye clothes, and shiny shoes, wanting to go pick flowers for their "wedding". So we went a ways down the road the other way.

And this is just the afternoon/evening part!!! Words cannot describe how good of a time we had last night at our Girl's Hotel Night. Since the What Happens At The Hotel Stays At The Hotel rule does apply, I cannot say much. But...it was good, and it was fun. Except for the bathroom by the pool incident...the Women's bathroom was Out Of Order. I was NOT about to walk through the foyer of the hotel, especially since there was a formal party taking place there, to use the bathroom, dripping in my lovely bathing suit. So, I just used the Men's room, which was, as my mother used to say, a "one-holer". I did lock the door. But, as I attempted to pull my lovely one piece suit, wet and impossible, up past my waist, the door swung open, and a very shocked man yelled he was sorry as I shrieked. I don't know who was more traumatized. Oh my. It was funny later, but...dang, I was traumatized.

I wanted a nap so badly today since I had like three hours of sleep in the wee hours of them morning...I even went in and put my nightgown on and turned on the fan...but I just did not want to waste this glorious Saturday...so I am tired. But happy.

Anyway, there are still lots of us here in the living room, and I am distracted...

3 comments:

Martha said...

When you said bliss, I thought you meant chocolate. :)

cheryl said...

Hahaha.. I can't help laughing about your men's room incident.. sorry!! It was indeed way too much fun, but we certainly enjoyed ourselves and each other! I realized tonight we didn't even turn on one of the large flat screen tvs once!! I made myself take a nap after sunning with the girls and swimming in the freezing pool! Yes, tired, but worth it.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for years and never commented. Your "one holer" story is too funny ;) Anyway, I was a HUGE proponent of one-piece bathing suits until I had to potty train a daughter. Now, I love 2 pieces. However, I am not a little girls so the thought of wearing a two piece for me is not a pretty sight ;) However, I found some tankinis that are just a modest for adults as a one piece! Now the are pricey, but once I found a style that worked (the tunic length is very long) I watched for them to go on clearance and got it for less than $20! Anyway, here is the ling in case you are interested!

http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-beach-living-batik-dot-halter-tunic-swimsuit-top~235839_57.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::UW5&CM_MERCH=IDX_swimwear-_-women-_-special-swim-sizes-_-plus-size-_-plus-size&origin=index