summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 21, 2012

good morning and happy monday...

I forgot to mention in my last post, titled, "bliss, just bliss...", that we have had major plumbing problems here. Friday morning the toilets backed up into the tub and shower...lovely. Paul was in the Adirondacks, and I was In Charge. Now, I know how to plunge a toilet. So I did. Until my hand was almost blistered. Didn't work. I tried to plunge the shower, the tub. Nope. So my dear brother Tom came over and helped. He took half a day off work, which I owe him a million for, but it was still backed up. Off I went to my hotel date with the girls, knowing that like fifteen people were sharing one downstairs bathroom...

Paul came home from his hike to some work to do. After cutting a pipe, the problem was: hard water deposit, all built up. Thomas came over and helped him get it straightened out, now we have three working toilets again.

Sweet baby Davian is here again today. It sure is different having a baby around again! There is cuddling and cooing, and diapers and bottles...and it is busy! But I don't mind. He is a sweetie. Camille is beyond thrilled to have him here. Right now he is napping, and she keeps checking on him. She talks to him sometimes, and he coos back at her, and she thinks it is hilarious. I am very thankful that Dave and Katie entrust their baby to us for these days. It's funny because I remember babysitting Katie when she was this age...

I think he might be waking up. Yay! Can you tell I have missed having a baby around?

1 comment:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

It always happens as soon as they leave! At least he got back in time. Man I can not imagine all those people sharing one bathroom!