summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 14, 2012

happy mother's day to me..

I have pictures. But pictures take time to put up, and I am tired. Tired from what, you might ask? Well...

I went for my customary morning Rosie Walk. Then this afternoon after church, when we were expecting company and there was a million things to be done, I treated myself to Walk #2. It was actually what I call a Walk/Run, or more realistically, a Walk/Jog. It was SO absolutely gorgeous today, sunny skies, breezy, warm sunshine. The air smelled like spring, except for that section of road that smells like the newly fertilized fields, which Rosie LOVES, by the way. Manure in the road? I have to steer her around it, or she will sniff it right up, then turn around and sniff me. Anyway, I felt a tiny bit guilty since I had assigned kids things to do as I laced up my sneakers. But it was my Mother's Day gift to me.

Ashley brought me yellow roses from her and Benjamin, and a very sweet card.

Paul brought me red roses.

Abigail took me to the unfinished furniture store yesterday to buy another bench for our kitchen/dining table. We discovered we could not fit it in her small car though, so we are going back there next week to get it. I love sanding and finishing things too. No sarcasm, I really do. It makes me feel like I have accomplished something to get the surface all smooth....

Anyway. The kids are home from Washington D.C., major culture shock for these country kids, but they had a great time.
It is noisy here again, and I must say that I do like it better.

We celebrated Miss Charlotte Claire's birthday today with pink cupcakes and a chocolate cake. I had just a taste of each. YAY me. And one taste of Party Cake ice cream, which is extremely sinfully delicious. We had chicken grilled out by Emily, pasta salad, baked beans with bacon, and watermelon.

I do have much much more to say....but I am tired.

No comments: