summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 4, 2012

really really bad mom award....

Miss Margaret The Painter, and Jonathan, Mr. Underwear.
Kathryn Grace
Evelyn Joy...she said that the paint actually helped her face get soft. Well, duh! Probably because it took off the whole top layer of skin! Need I say that I did not endorse this, nor did I realize it happened until I saw the photos?
Yummy cuppycakes.

Charlotte Claire, and Sonja The Birthday Girl,(ten years old!) with Camille...(Mali, Aaron, and Abigail in the background). Char and Camille put on their bathing suits yesterday when I ruled that they absolutely can NOT play on the swings in their underwear, no matter how hot they were. They went out the door in some lovely princess dresses, so when I looked out the window and say them, ugh. Anyway.

Fifteen of the sixteen kids were here, plus my nephew Luke. Joseph grilled the steak. I sliced up five pounds of red potatoes, a few yellow squash, a zuchini, an onion, and a big red pepper, tossed it all in olive oil in a big bowl with some pepper, and baked it on two big cookie sheets. I wanted to grill it, but the grill was full. It came out so very yummy! I also made some yummy frozen spinach for me, and Mali opened some green beans, Kathryn added mixed veggies. Then, cupcake time...I had one small one. I like making the small ones. One box of cake mix made 48 small ones and 8 big ones. It seems like so much more than a cake.

So back to my Really Really Bad Mom award. Sonja stayed up too late, it was her birthday, and she was reveling in it. I also stayed up too late once again. I went to bed with a small headache which grew by leaps and bounds during the stormy night. Kitty Kitten woke me up by climbing up my bedroom window screen, meowing loudly. I got up, pulled her claws off the screen, tossed her out of my room, closed the window...but didn't close my bedroom door. Head pounding, I went back to sleep...gradually...if I held really still my head stopped pounding...then, Kitty Kitten in there again, wanting to look out the window. There was a terrific thunder storm going on, and she wanted to see it, and comment on it, I guess. blah, I tossed her out again. Back to bed. Head pounding. ahh, sleep. Then...the new watch I bought Joseph for his birthday, sitting in a bag on my dresser, has an alarm, apparently. Two little girls who played house in Mommy and Daddy's bedroom must have been trying it out. By the time I got up and located the source of annoying beeps, it stopped beeping. (I am thinking to give it to Joe today, so he can be woke up at 4am from beeping, it might be easier than trying to figure out how to shut it off...)anyway...back to bed, tossing and turning, head aching. When Suze came in this morning to ask if she could stay home, I said, "sure". Then I said I wasn't getting up to get the elementary kids ready, they can just skip. I felt like...well, like....awful. But I got up anyway. Took two ibuprofen, and brought Rosie out on our walk. By the time I got home, I decided not to wake up the three youngest school kids. So...Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, and Charlotte Claire are skipping today. Why? Because I have a headache. Try getting three kids fed and lunched and spiffied up for school when YOUR head is pounding, Ms. School Nurse!

And, because if I start feeling better, which I am already...I will take them to Target. Jonathan got a remote control helicopter for his birthday and it didn't work properly from the time he took it out of the box. He wants to exchange it, or possibly return it and buy something else. If you know Jonathan, you will know he is hopping out of his drawers waiting for this to happen. And Sonja...well, she just likes being with me and going places with me, and she also has some birthday money. And Char...oh, she had so much fun with Camille yesterday...

First we go to the small city to pick up some trees Paul ordered from the County Soil and Water Conservation place. Then to Target. Then maybe BJ's for more blueberries and strawberries and half and half. Why aren't the days longer? I have dishes to do and laundry, and I want to exercise before I go...

Cindy...what did I do differently to finally move the scale? It is beyond me! This stuff isn't science, it is random. At least it seems that way. I did go to the pool the other night, and I went on the treadmill...perhaps just upping the intensity of exercising a bit did it. I have also been really careful about those little cheats that add up the calories. I don't know. But I'll take it!


So....it was hilarious when Jon and Sonja woke up...I could hear them in there speculating as to why Mommy didn't wake them. Jonathan tiptoed out here and peeked at the clock, went back in the room and hissed to Sonja, "It's 8:33, she didn't get us up! I think we get to stay home!" Charlotte Claire is still sound asleep...which makes me feel better about being a Bad Mom. She must need more sleep....

And, off I go...
























































2 comments:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

swimming burns alot of calories! We just took our pool down because we didnd't want to leave it up and be responsible when we move that it would get destroyed or someone injured. I was amazed last summer though when I looked up how many calories it burns.

I am LOL at your kids and the painted faces and the fact that you didn't know until you saw the photos. Its funny what kids do when mom is not looking.

Can I borrow your crew to paint? I have alot that needs to be done,ummmm like my whoole house ;-)

Chet and Ashley said...

All of your children are beautiful, but your Sonja with that hair and that smile...wow! Happy birthday to her!