summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, January 28, 2013

bad case of the mondays


Poor Suri. The bandage on her front leg is to keep the Fentanyl patches in place. The hip is where her injury is. She was up and about last evening, walking on three legs. She has to be carried outside to go to the bathroom, she simply won't just go on papers in here. When she is scooped up to be carried, she just cries and yelps, and when we lie her back down on her pillow, she complains and whimpers.

Joseph slept with her again last night, I wonder if he got any sleep at all. He didn't the night before.

Jonathan is home today. I told him he could stay here and help me keep Suri happy. She just wants to be pet and talked to all day. Yesterday morning when I made my oatmeal, she was lying on her pillow in the living room. After I poured the oats in the bowl, I peeked into the living room and she was wagging her tail and looking at me with these huge eyes...so I gave her her customary taste of peanutbutter. She seemed so glad that I understood what she wanted!

It is cold and snowy here still. We are supposed to get some freezing rain this afternoon, yuck. I have to go out and about, too, for a few important things like brown sugar and milk and some undies for a few of the girls...long story. And I don't want them to kill me:) So.

Eeks, lots of schools are getting out early, perhaps I won't go out and about today.

Good news: I exercised both Saturday and Sunday, plus took a nice long walk yesterday in the cold winter sunshine.

Well...I am off to heck the weather...

3 comments:

Melanie L said...

Great job, getting so much exercise even with this bad weather!!

WicketsMom said...

Poor Suri. I hope everything goes well tomorrow and she is back to her old self soon. She looks so much like my Onyx. Thankful we have a fenced-in yard, but even then she and our other Lab have escaped a few times and I was so worried about her getting hit by a car or train (runs through our neighborhood). They are expensive, but oh so worth every penny!

Tereza said...

Poor little suri:( I'm sure the peanut butter hit the spot!!!