summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, January 10, 2013

making good choices....

We sow, we reap. I am not talking about spiritual matters or weight loss. I am talking about my house. It hasn't had the attention it needs. It is a sum of the days of going out and about and choosing to do fun things with the kids instead of mucking out closets. I need to grow up and get this place in order!

But not today. See, today, my friend Kim texted me and asked me if I want to go out and about today. I started telling her how I couldn't, musn't. There are things to do here! I have swept the floor, washed the counters, and put some laundry in. But there are things to do here! But I pushed that little backspace arrow and erased that nonsense, because how can I resist? We haven't had a day together in weeks! And the messy house will surely be here tomorrow! I know, I am bad. But guess what? Life is short.

6 comments:

Joni said...

You are so awesome! Love your perspectives on life!

Anonymous said...

I have a saying - you can make more money, but you can't make more time. Glad you chose to spend time with your friend!

Melanie in NJ

mommeeof10 said...

My house looks like there was an explosion. I spent way too many hours troubleshooting pc issues yesterday and this morning. One more pc boots again. 2 are still dead. I think the motherboard on daughter's pc is dying, no graphics are displayed on working monitor. Reinstall of windows 7 should have resolved any driver issues. Kids will be doing housework this evening, so I can try to get another pc working.
Last pc not working is Hubby's, new power supply did not fix the issue. But, his hard drive is working fine in one of his servers to access his data. Maybe I'll buy him another cheap pc for Fathers day and just trash his cheap e-machine. It's not worth the aggravation to figure out what s wrong...

Kim said...

Well I almost didn't send you the text because my house is on the verge of going supernova. But I'm good at /ignore mode. Thanks for using the backspace arrow. It was a nice day.

Cassandra said...

I know how you feel Della. Hubby is still on holidays here and the house is a mess, laundry is behind as we have been out and about or busy everyday. I cannot (must not) complain though as time he has off to spend with us is a blessing!!
Thanks for the reminder :-)
Cassandra

Anonymous said...

:) Not today here either. Although before Steve gets home I'll rush around straightening up like crazy and I TRY to have his first view as he opens the door not to be chaos..... even if he has to kick toys aside to get up the stairs. It's nice to read "real" posts...thanks! :) :)