summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 11, 2013

staying home today? ha!

Off to the small city this morning. Jonathan has a 10:30 appointment for a rash that won't clear up, and I have to be at my dr. by 11:20. Since the pediatrician is often backed up, Aaron is so nicely going with me so he can stay with Jon if I have to leave to make it to my appointment.

My knee...oh it hurts. I have always had problem knees. When I was in high school, I dislocated one of them...after six weeks in a brace, I was supposed to get physical therapy. Bah, my mom didn't believe in that! They just want your money, she said! Anyway...my knee has been locking up on me for years now, but now it is clicking with every single bend. If I sit for a while and get up, like when I drive, I can barely walk on it, as it hurts to straighten it.

Dang. This is my first really serious week of eating clean and exercising. Believe me, trying to work out around this pain is really hard. I have had to super modify what I do. I am so tempted to get so frustrated, but every time I start thinking negatively, I just KNOW that all things work together for the good for those who love God. I know it. Rejoice always. This is the day that the Lord has made, we shall rejoice and be glad in it. Be anxious for nothing. In all things, give thanks.

Yes, I am preaching to myself this week.

The thing is, I am scared of all things pertaining to knees. It makes me light-headed and sick to think about joints and cartilage, especially knees. I think because when I dislocated my knee, oh my goodess I would rather have a baby in the middle of the street in the rain. (ha, I would LOVE to have another baby! so not a good analogy for me!) Anyway, just the thought of a dr. bending and prodding my knee...I get all tightened up and just cringe. I need strength, Lord. Because I feel faint thinking about all of this. But. Then I think that my battle is just this moment, not what IS going to happen, or what MIGHT happen. Why worry now about what might happen later?

Suri is a good puppy, but also a very bad puppy. She ate the kids' new Barbie Gingerbread house. The whole thing except for one candy cane. I bought if for them yesterday for 90% off...$1.29 (who would pay $12.99 for one of those?). Anyway, Sonja and Jon and the little princesses and I put it together and decorated it yesterday afternoon. They had to wait 'til after dinner to have some...it was so sugar-y looking. We threw away the horrid frosting it came with, and used a can of Betty Crocker I bought at the dollar store. With pink food coloring of course, it WAS a Barbie house. Anyway...this morning, Suri's little bed is full of crumbs.

She also ate the stick of butter I left on the counter. The wrapper is on her little bed in the crumbs. Bad doggy!

She somehow figured out that I don't put chili powder or cayenne pepper on the edges of the counter anymore. So tonight, she will get a surprise if she tries to jump up there and practice her thievery!

Since I have to leave in just a few minutes, I should get moving....
















No comments: