summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, January 21, 2013

midnight quiet...

The fan is on here in the living room, because the little girls are sleeping in here with Suri. Their bedroom is finally being painted, after being yellow for 20 years. Their bunkbeds are in the middle of their room, piled with stuff, their dressers moved into the hallway and into my room. I have spackled, sanded, and spackled again. I am thinking I may be able to sand, wipe down the walls, vacuum up the dust, and paint tomorrow.

Today started as a lazy day. I took Suri out to play, brought in the newspaper, made some oatmeal for the little girls, then some for me with almonds and pumpkin, and spices. Coffee, paper, aaah. Then I got moving and started on their room...had to stop to get ready for church, which was at 3:00 today. Home...friends over for dinner, roast beef, roasted potatoes and carrots, and bread. (Pillsbury Simple, from the dollar store. I should not have tasted it, but I did. Two small pieces, but jeepers, it is a huge no-no for me!!!)

After dinner was cleaned up, and the boys were watching the football game, I headed back in to work on their room a bit more. Then...Downton Abbey. The little girls snuggled with Paul and I for a bit and watched it until their eyes were heavy, then they climbed into the comfy nests they made with all those blankets and comforters, and fell fast asleep, with all of us out here talking.

I am extremely discontent with my weight right now. I know full well what I shouldn't eat, yet sometimes I do it anyway, and I cannot do that. I eat very healthy food, but I need to be much more strict with the extras. I worked so hard and got down a few pounds, then just breathed in a few carbs, and I was up again. Now I am back where I started a few weeks ago. rrrrr. I know it has gotten harder to get the pounds off than when I first started, I am smaller so need fewer calories, and I think since I had the gallbladder surgery it has been much harder. I don't know why, but I slowed way down in losing since then.

I didn't work out today, but I did yesterday.

And, I am still hopeful. I am getting tired of being hopeful without seeing results, but what choice do I have? I can't give up, I can only try harder. I need to be more honest with myself. Those little calories add up!! And honestly, winter is hard. I can't make myself go for a walk when it is freezing out, and the road is slippery. All I want to do is bake things and eat them with my afternoon coffee, then make big warm meals! I did make mini-pumpkin muffins today, dang it. I used most of a 29 ounce can of pumpkin, two eggs, and a box of white cake mix. And lots of Pumpkin Pie spice. I had two. The kids ate some, then I sent the rest to Emily. There. All gone. It was so hard to just have two, they were small, and they were good!

No school for the kids tomorrow, yay! I hope they sleep in late, and are nice and quiet in the morning.

No comments: