summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, January 14, 2013

trying to accomplish a few things around here...

Swept. Mopped. Vacuumed. Did two loads of laundry. Cleaned out under the roll-top desk. Sorted the paper mountain from the top of the microwave. Killed the clothes monster.

My college kids are getting ready to go back, Aaron this afternoon, Mali and Mirielle tomorrow.

I am picking some kids up from school today and taking them to the big library, Evelyn is almost dying for another stack of books. Unfortunately, I have a big fine to pay from that book I just didn't get back....for weeks. ouch.

Paul texted me a picture of beagle puppies. A guy at his work has them. Cuteness! The question is, would we be crazy to get a second dog? Would we regret it a million times over? Would a beagle ever be as sweet as Suri? Beagles are supposed to be good with kids, and sweet and cuddly and affectionate. Can I housetrain another puppy without going crazy? I don't know. I just know that if I see on, I will take it. Can't resist. Paul texted me the picture, and I was on the computer looking up whether they are good with kids....and yes, they seem to be.

Oh well. I haven't eaten lunch yet, and my lunchtime is noon. Ha, I set a time for myself, then if I want to eat anything earlier, I just don't, because it isn't lunchtime yet.

I am going to miss my college kids! They will be swirled back up in the vacuum of schoolwork, tests, clinicals, studying...dang. It has been so nice for them to have a break from the stress. Aaron and Mirielle only have this one semester left, then they have to pass the exam....and they will be registered nurses!



5 comments:

Martha said...

I did not sweep, mop, or vacuum, but the day is not over yet. I did not "kill" the laundry monster either, but Hannah did get a start on it. We'll see if I can get dinner on the stove...

Hannah and I had a wonderful time in Barnes and Nobel on Saturday. We can out with several classics for half price. I've purchased nine books so far on my $50 gift card. It's almost like Christmas all over again! :)

Kara said...

Beagles are cute. But they are also loud and bark often (that baying bark that almost sounds like a wolf cry). They also dig. A lot. They're a lot of work. They were bred to be hunting dogs and they like to track things and need a lot of exercise, and can be destructive if they get bored. Just passing on some experience as someone who had a not great experience with a beagle as a pet.

crzy4myfam said...

I had two beagles growing up. They were very sweet and loving. Had great dispositions and personalities. Ours were pretty easy to house train as well. I know how hard it is to say no...they are adorable! ~ Becca

Natalie said...

I am a long time reader, but this is my first comment. I have a blog called A Beagle and A Baby (although it is technically A Beagle, A Boy and A Baby now). That should tell you all you need to know about my opinion on the beagle issue. DO IT!

WicketsMom said...

We have a lab that is a few months older than Suri, and my neighbors across the street have two beagles. They are very cute and are good family dogs. However, they require LOTS of attention and exercise, and they do bark a lot.