summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 11, 2013

taking a breather....

from all the work I haven't done yet. I took Jonathan to the pediatrician, and when he hadn't seen the dr. yet after a half hour, left for my own appointment because Aaron so nicely stayed there with him. Then I saw the physician's assistant. She thinks I have some advanced arthritis in my knees. She admitted to not being an expert on knees, so she wasn't very aggressive in moving them around, thank goodness. I then picked up Jonathan, filled a prescription for him (he has a strep infection/rash), then went to the hospital to have my knee x-rayed.

We sat there in a small waiting room with the television blaring an hour-long infomercial. blah. But I found some things to be thankful for. There was a man there no older than me, with his wife. He sat there in a wheelchair, obviously in pain...he had something chronic. The dr. came in and told his wife he had to stay again. The man looked tired, the wife looked sad. Although I wasn't eavesdropping. I made it a point to engage Aaron in conversation when the dr. came in, just because I don't want to be nosy. But I am. Anyway, my problems paled in comparison.

The n.p. might call this afternoon, or on Monday. She give me an educated guess as to what's going on, but I go into the orthopaedic dr. in a few weeks.

How I am supposed to limp around until then is beyond me.

She suggested I walk only three times a week. I just laughed. I can't go on my walk with this pain/grinding/clicking thing going on!

So I am going to the pool tonight.

Anyway, I took my nice Aaron and Jonathan for some takeout Chinese food from the little place downtown. We sat there in the city watching people go by as we ate that hot salty fatty yummy sesame chicken. I just taste the fried rice, my goodness it was bad enough eating that chicken! I could have eaten the whole order, but I didn't. I will have to be really careful for the rest of the day to make up for that!

Walmart to print out our family pictures. Finally. We tried to do it in Florida but the machine was out of order.

So...it is rainy and overcast, chilly. In here it is cozy, I am enjoying my afternoon coffee, and talking to the older kids who are home from school now. The younger ones will be bursting through the door any minute now. I have to prepare some dinner soon, but for right now, I am comfy in my chair with a big blanket.

4 comments:

Melanie L said...

I hope that you will get some answers soon about what to do for your knee. Sorry it is hurting so much. Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you feel better soon! It is hard to get around when every step hurts! Water exercises or Aquarobics would definitely be way better for your joints.

16 blessings'mom said...

Melanie and Simone, thank you. I did go to the pool last night. I hope there is a solution because walking around like this is no fun.

Melanie L said...

I prayed for you yesterday while I was out walking!