summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 19, 2013

saturday afternoon...

And what a day it has been! Paul has been so busy at work, 11 and 12 hour days, plus he had to get up early and work this morning. There is excess energy in the air here. It seems like winter has been here forever and will stay here forever. It is slightly warm-ish today, and the snow has mostly melted, leaving an extremely muddy yard.

We are going to do something fun today with the kids. But. We can't all agree on something. Mirielle, Margaret, Evelyn are at the church doing work, Samuel is at his friend's house. Paul and I have somewhere to go at 3:00, but he might be still working. He is on the phone with a co-worker from India, solving computer problems. And we are trying to figure out something to do that appeals to the rest of the kids here, except for probably Joseph and Aaron, who won't want to come along. I don't think.

We have narrowed it down to maybe a movie in the "cheap" theater, $1.50. Then maybe Pizza Hut.

We kind of wanted to go to a childrens' museum, but Paul was working this morning, and if you don't get an early start it isn't worth the money. The malls are depressing, kids get high hopes of getting something, and there are so many different interests. When they were little we would take them to McDonalds' Playplace, but now there are only a few of them who are small enough to play there. Libraries are nice, hmm. Ice skating is nice. But expensive, and I am not ready to do that, my knee is finally feeling a bit better and I wouldn't want to twist it or fall.

So now the kids are playing and messing the house and arguing. Jonathan has been baking peanut butter cookies in his EasyBake oven. Charlotte Claire is on the scooter, which everyone should have in their house. Suze is looking through my fabric, thinking of making a quilt. I really need to get my sewing machine going one of these days! They are finding all this nice fabric.

Anyway, there are things going on, never a dull moment. I would be happy to just stay home today, but they are having fun deciding what to do later.

Char and Camille are now setting up a dollhouse campsite in the living room.

Nothing much going on, yet everything is going on. How is your Saturday?

Oh...the beagle pups are all sold. dang. But relief, too. I am thinking if we get a second dog, we should get another lab, so Suri can run around and play without the other dog taking off and following a scent for a few miles.

So off I go....








2 comments:

Melanie L said...

Hello,

My Saturday has been pretty low key. I'm such a wuss with my cats that I don't like to vacuum a room if they are in it. Luckily they both napped in the bedroom so I could get the living room done. I read some, watched a cooking show, took a walk since the sun is out, and I'll make a yummy dinner tonight - roasted butternut squash & red onion over farro & walnuts, with some goat cheese sprinkled on top. I remember the cheap movie days - $2 and all the sticky floors you could ask for. But for the 4th time watching Titanic, it was worth it. Glad your knee is feeling better.

Tereza said...

A second dog? My you are energetic!:)
It's crazy here too on Saturdays!