summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 12, 2013

saturday afternoon ramble...

I love coming home. Home to the little girls, home to the mess, home with a few groceries to put away. Home to my comfy chair and a cup of coffee. I browned up some coconut flakes with some slivered almonds to eat on my banana cream pie low cal yogurt, artificially flavor - which is a YAY for me, since I am horribly allergic to bananas. Anyway. It's nice to be home.

Where have I been, you might ask? Doming. At the Carrier Dome, for the Syracuse Men's basketball game, working at a concession. Volunteering for our church. Five of my older kids (Emily, Mirielle, Joseph, Aaron, Samuel, and Margaret) worked too. It was a loud game, but very exciting. I shared a cookiewich with Marg, so I don't feel bad about that.

We stopped for apples on the way home because one of the grocery stores has Washington State apples for 99 cents a pound. They are so crunchy and yummy. The kids with me wanted donuts, especially Aaron and Sam. They are such good kids, volunteering on their Saturday (we had to get up at "O-dark-thirty", according to Emily, meaning 6:30 am in this case). Such good kids, so I said they could get donuts. One would hardly guess a 20 year old and a 17 year old would be happy for donuts. Anyway...this grocery store has these donuts that are masterpieces. Works of art. Simply magnificent. Their aroma fills the store. They make one in particular that stands out to me...with fudgy chocolate icing and whipped cream/vanilla on the top. Unbeatable. Dang I am making myself drool here. Anyway...they picked out six, plus I bought a package of 6 chocolate peanut ones, so there would be enough for everyone. And guess what? Nary a taste! I have had nary a taste!!! (nary...is that a real word?) Anyway. I had an apple. And man was it hard. I will never ever get over my love affair with donuts. I can say no, but I will never stop loving them.

So...now it is time for all lazy moms to wander into their kitchens and make some dinner. I don't even know how many people are here, but I am guessing at least a dozen. I have six pizza doughs, but also some fresh ground beef...hmm, chili or taco salad? We'll see.

1 comment:

Mike and Katie said...

Ha ha! "O-dark thirty." That's a good one!