summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 4, 2020

before and after...again!


This end table (with Miss Suzanne Eleanor)...I of course forgot to take the "before" pics, as usual, so I had to hunt through my phone for pics that had the tables in them. I chalk painted them white, after having them gray for years. They came unfinished, and I bought them as a senior in high school, with my babysitting money, for $49 each. That was more than I made in a week, babysitting.


After!


Before (with Miss Sonja K. and Miss Sunny)...


They're not perfect, I'm running low on wax, and of course all of my favorite places aren't open these days, so they'll get another coat someday, unless I get tired of white by then and just repaint them.

Chalk painting is fun, if you look around your house through chalk paint lenses, saying to yourself, "hmmm, what can I chalk paint?" Or you go to other people's houses and suggest they chalk paint certain things...I do wonder what I can do next.

And, we had a glorious day on the deck yesterday...
First, brunch:

Char, Sonja, Camille, Abigail...

Evelyn opened the champagne for the birthday mimosas.


Miss Cam


Miss Char

We had some interesting dinner on Saturday night. The girls made sushi, and homemade egg rolls.


Yesterday we decided to make pulled pork nachos, and save making Mac and cheese for Miss Charlotte Claire's birthday, next week. So Sonja K. and I headed to town to get a tomato, an avocado, and some green peppers.



One of the bouquets Evelyn made yesterday...

And...our dear Emily Anne set out for helping out in Buffalo, New York.

That may be so, Mariel, but we have fanfare in our hearts. Emily is my oldest, the one who turned me from an ordinary girl into a mommy. She was my precious little one, fussed and fretted over, and just perfect. She could talk in sentences before she was two, could tell time when she was four, read fluently by the time she started kindergarten, and when she came home from kindergarten singing, "Skin-a-mar-ink-a-dink-a-dink-, skin-a-marink-a-doo, I love you...!", oh my heart. Anyway, she's one of my favorites, although they are all my favorites.

She did indeed drive away in her little orange car, and I'm praying that God sends his angels to watch over and protect her.

Our beautiful weekend weather has gone, now we're back to rain and gloom. It's cozy though, right?

3 comments:

Linda M. Conley said...

So...when I can expect you here to give me a lesson about chalk paint? (grin and rofl)

Keeping your daughtering prayer and Happy Birthdays all around.

Yesterday was so beautiful, today...blech. LOLOL

Have a beautiful week, regardless of the weather. smiles

Marilyn said...

Hi Della......we have rain and gloom too, but to be honest we really do need the rain. Everything is just so dry. It looks as though the birthday was lots of fun!! And such scrumpie food!! Things are gradually starting to lift here in Alberta. I just hope everyone doesn’t go mad running here and there and and being foolish and things go sideways 😬 All I know is this.......I will not be doing anything much different to what I’ve been doing for almost 2 months. With my asthma I can’t afford to get sick, that’s for sure. So Emily was off yesterday............she’ll be fine, but we mothers are born to worry. I worry about my daughter too. She tells me not to, but how do you turn that off?? Anyway, Emily is a brave soldier.....that’s how I think of them. Your tables are lovely Della..........everything in your house looks cosy and comfy and inviting............just how a home should be. Not pristine like this person I know.....everything perfect and it looks like a place in House and Garden, but she’s still not happy. Sad really, isn’t it? She wonders I I can stand it when I wash the floors and the dogs come in with their wet paws 🐾 It’s part of life when you have dogs ,but I would change it for anything. Have a great day!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Billie Jo said...

Hello Lovely Friend!
Blessings to your girl.
I love the description of her as being your first.
I am the same about my Madison. : )
Stay safe and cozy!