summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 1, 2020

working on a project!!!


I was rumpling through my paint supply this fine morning, choosing something to paint just one wall with. It's the one little laundry room wall which shows with the door open, I found a small jar of sample paint for it, and this lovely chalk paint from Target.

Chalk paint, oh I love it. Hmm, what could I paint? Well, tomorrow, maybe I'll show you.

It took half the day, I'll tell you that.

The other half was spent doing dishes, cleaning up, helping the kids do their school stuff, and drinking coffee. We also watched a phenomenal youth meeting. Then, dinner time! We had some leftover homemade chicken soup, an assortment of yummy appetizers which were on clearance the other day at BJ's, and some coneys. I had sugar free jello for dessert, with some frozen berries.

Abigail and I took a walk in the rain when she got home from work.

The kids are getting ready for some Wii bowling. Evelyn just made them caramel lattes, and a decaf coffee for me, with no sugar.

The kids are restless today. Thankfully tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day, so we can get out and start preparing the gardens for the rototiller...

In the morning, wax will be applied to the chalk paint...and I'll take a few pics.

Oh, the dryer is NOW FIXED! Paul ordered a part from eBay, a part for the door, which keeps it closed properly, which means the clothes actually DRY! In one ride!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Well sounds as though you had a productive day. I will be glad when the playgrounds and stuff open so that my grand doll can play for a bit. Of course, we won't go the first week or two and I will go prepared to wipe things down. I am glad we have a larger swingset for her now as that has helped.

Linda M. Conley said...

Can't wait to see it!!!

If the nice weather has anything to do with it; folks here have had enough of house arrest, wink.