summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 21, 2020

well that sunshine's nice!!! and a walk down memory lane...


We did take a quick trip to Target today...


What?! It's essential! They spray down the carts, we stay away from other shoppers, and get the things we need.


This is a little candy shop I want to go into someday, but I also DON'T want to go into someday, because we all know I'll buy stuff we don't need. I just feel sorry for the shop, and want to give it some business. Maybe I can take Anya and Lydia there sometime, when things get better...


Margaret Cheryl holding Sonja Kathleen, Kathryn Grace, Suzanne Eleanor, and Evelyn Joy (Margaret was six, Sonja K. was 14 months...this was a month after we lost baby Robert. All those little girls, my five-in-a-row-in-five-years, so cute.


Margaret, Kathryn, Suzanne, Evelyn, and Sonja...the years just flew by! I remember people warning me, when these little girls were so little and cute, "Just wait 'til they're teenagers!" Well, I waited. And we had some hairy times. But now the youngest of these darlings just turned 18 years old! (Margaret is 24, Kathryn 23, Evelyn almost 21, and Suzanne is 19.

Anyway...I was looking through old pictures, here are just a few...


How's that for some feathered hair! That little girl I was holding, my mom babysat for her.


My sister Cheryl getting married, and me.


Me with little Emily...


Paul with Emily...

And...time to get busy again...the girls have a zoom call and are doing a kitchen activity, making peanut butter cups. I have to finish cleaning up dinner...

3 comments:

Valerie said...

How sweet are those pictures! I have to do that sometime on my blog. We were just looking at some old photos my fil took when I only had my first two...I look into my photo face and say, Younger me, you just have no idea...That candy store IS cute, and needs your business I bet.

Marilyn said...

Good morning. All those pictures are so cute Della 😊Look at you with little Emily....aaaaaawwwwwww 😊 And all the 5 in a row girls. Lovely. It’s fun to look at old pictures. I boxed up all the pictures I had of my girls and gave them to them!! I was sorting and I thought their kids could go through them and see their mother when she was little and growing up. BTW.........FYI.............it snowed here for 5 minutes this morning!!! I opened the blinds to THAT!! I won’t tell you what I said under my breath.........🤬 Honestly on Wednesday it was about 18C. Only in Alberta. Anyway...........you have a great day! How’s the deck coming?

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Linda M. Conley said...

Love this post (ok, I love all your posts, smiles.) Oh yes (your comment on my blog), we have been out enjoying the weather; made a picket fence for my mil, painted it, cleaned up the cemetery plot, put out flags etc. Looks like rain will be moving in soon there though. smiles