summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

blah blah blog...


It's darn chilly here in central NY state, but the sunshine is nice today.


I guess Anya really misses me.


Little Anne, the sweetie pie I baby sit for, or rather DID, way back when things were normal. I brought her some treats today, and visited with her from a safe distance, from outside. She is way too cute, and I miss her. I want her to come over and cuddle and read her usual stack of books...she would bring SO many to me, I would cut her off at eight or nine.

Ah well...it's cold here, we had to bring plants in for the night and put them back out in the sun this morning...I think they'll have to come back in tonight I think.

Spring will come, warmth will come...

5 comments:

Linda M. Conley said...

I really, really, really, really liked that note, smiles.

pssssssssssss...its looks like winter storm will be heading in for the weekend. ((ducking)) grin

Rose Sperlonga said...

Spring : Where its 20 and snowing to 90 and blithering hot! Welcome to *as we say* the Berkshires!! Don't blink because if you do you'll miss this season! lol We froze yesterday. We left the house and went right back in to get our jackets! Brrrr

Well, I did it. I broke my "stay away from my grand kids " until this is over ! I couldn't take it one more day of not seeing those two precious loves. The back story is that my adult children lost their father quickly last week. He got up at 6 am to pee and laid back down and he died in his sleep. Fifty six ... to young. And as they were going through their grieving I had a nagging thought in my head and heart all week long.... and I said I have to see my family!

My son sort of blocked himself from seeing me after his dad passed. It hurt me pretty badly but I had to go with it until he was ready to see me. So he finally messaged me and said he loved me and that he was just so sad . Of course I understand but so relieved he wrote. So I waited ... about 10 seconds and said "Do you want to come over so we can chat? " And he jumped on it and brought the grands....

They ran into my arms.. Social distancing did not happen in my house. Everyone cried and with out a hesitation my son said " I love you mama and I can't not see you any longer!" And I cried again... So yea, it happened. and I'm reading a lot of people are seeing their immediate families.

I will obey the social distancing on the outside of my home, but when a member passes, we all need that connection....

Anyway, I feel bad that you aren't seeing all your grand kids. You need them and they need you! My five yr old grand daughter said "Nani , I want to hug you so tight!" And well I let her... :)

Lets hope it warms up!
Rose

16 blessings'mom said...

Rose, I am sorry for your loss, and that your son was so saddened. I'm glad you've been with them. Human connection is so important. I did see my granddaughters today, shh. They are precious, little Anya and Elise. I cannot see my granddaughters Lyda and her baby sister Ophelia, because their mama is working as an RN on the Covid floor. It stinks. My two other daughters, too. I'm glad you let your little granddaughter hug you so tight. It's necessary, and it's healing.
Linda, really really really, a storm? dang it.

Susan said...

That note from Anya is the most heartfelt expression I have ever seen! ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Michelle in Florida said...

Aw, that note is so sweet!