summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 3, 2020

happy birthday, dear Sonja!


Sonja and me, Miss Sonja K., and her with Kathryn...


Suzanne, Sonja, and me...with me at Mali's wedding...with Charlotte Claire and Jonathan.


With Charlotte Claire, Camille, Jonny, and me...with me, cousin Grace, and friend Irene.

She is eighteen years old today. I feel unprepared for the celebration. We are having brunch...berries and waffles, eggs and bacon. Dinner: pulled pork, and homemade Mac and cheese. Presents? We have two which came in the mail, Evelyn ordered them, one is from her. I have something ordered that's coming next week, and two little trinkets to wrap for today. There's a box of cake mix on the counter, waiting for someone to make cupcakes. Someone, ha, who is sitting on their rear end in their comfy chair.

I am still finishing up my little project, one more coat of wax, so soon.

So yes, there is much to do this fine morning. Evelyn and Sonja K. are actually out at the store right now, getting...flowers. Flowers and more flowers, to make bouquets for some special people, and I won't say right now, in case they were surprises, and they happen to read this blog.

One reason I am just sitting here in my comfy chair, aside from the fact that I have a hot cup of coffee, and it's my favorite place in the world, is that I am reeling from the after effects of...a horrible headache. It went on and off yesterday, then picked up the pace in the evening, then when I went in to take my shower, I thought it'd get better, but ugh. No sir. It was digging in it's heels to stay a while. It was so. awful. It hurt too much to sleep, even though I had taken two ibuprofen, then another one an hour later...I thought I was going to be sick to my stomach. I finally got up and took two migraine relief tablets, then crawled back into bed, waited and waited, tried to relax every muscle and stay still, it still raged. Finally, oh blessed relief, I found myself waking up this morning. It was only a bit after seven, and I should have gone back to sleep, but the morning after a headache like that, one is so EXCITED, to feel better! Everything seems bright and happy! Except for me, I'm tired and washed out.

And it's Sonja's birthday, there's much to do...that pork has to go into the crock pot soon...and the cupcakes and the waxing...and the deck is calling me, it's a glorious morning!

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Happy Birthday to Sonja!! 🎂🎁🎉 Supper sounds wonderful!! Pulled pork is so delicious!! I’m sorry you had such a terrible headache Della. That must be so debilitating.......... glad you felt better today. I’m curious to find out what you chalk painted..............

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Valerie said...

Happy birthday, Sonja! Della, which of your daughters look most like you? I would guess Sonja...So sorry about your bad headache. Isn't it so surprising when we're better that we can ever complain about anything again?! But i forget so fast. Hope today was better.

shellie said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter 🎂 🎈 🎁 it's hard to tell at times if you are a sister or the mother! Sometimes I have to look twice. Enjoy your day!