summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 14, 2020

sitting in my chair, sporting purple hair...

I gave myself a scare,
is this TOO MUCH FLAIR?!
decided I don't care,
Kids thought it'd be fun,
and now that it is done...

It's barely noticeable!

Let me tell you, when I hopped into the shower for the rinsing part, oh dear, that lavender water streaming down the drain, oh no, I was a bit hesitant. I am not a make-up wearer, or a fancy girl. I like neat, and I like clean. But I do touch up the roots, I am not ready to go gray yet. So a few weeks ago, Target had a special where if you spend a certain amount on health and beauty, you get a gift card. The girls were already getting some things, and we needed something else, and my roots were showing...so, I decided to get some touch-up. Well, do you think the stuff I normally use was there, in stock? I didn't have my glasses on, either, because they fog up so much with the mask. So I had the girls help me, and this one I chose:

...had the girls going cray-cray. They were like, "Do it, Mom!"

We don't have nearly enough fun around here, so I bought it. They've harped a teeny bit, asking when I'm going to use it.

They aren't up yet, I hope they aren't disappointed with the underwhelming results.

We are doing something fun today! It's a drive-by birthday celebration for one of my aunts, and she doesn't know we're all coming! My father was one of 12, there are only three left, two sisters and one brother. This one sister never had children, her husband passed away several years ago, and she is lonely. With this virus, she's even lonelier. So many old people who met up at coffee shops, are so lonely now.

Speaking of coffee shops, guess what?! Aaron sent me three bags of coffee beans for Mother's Day! They're from a local coffee roaster, and yummers! The Ethiopian, a medium roast, tastes like berries, it's SO GOOD. Yesterday, I knowingly and willingly exceeded my caffeine limit, and suffered some jitters, but oh dear, it's good coffee.

Yesterday we had some sunshine, so we sat out on the deck. The girls did some school work, and some reading. I talked to Samuel on the phone, and I talked to Suzanne on the phone. I also baked a triple batch of chocolate chip cookies, for Mariel's co-workers, again. Those nurses deserve cookies! I put three in each baggie, and there were 35 baggies, because I couldn't be completely mean and not leave some here for the kids.

So today we're heading out to the birthday greeting, it's about an hour away from here. We'll try Aldi for some chicken breast, just me, the kids will wait in the car. We might go to Target too...what?! It's essential! (BTW, is this sort of thing what makes "anonymous" so angry?! me thinks it might be...)



9 comments:

Marilyn said...

Good morning Della! We had sun yesterday too! We sat out for a while and it was actually HOT in the sun. Today is cool and cloudish!! Go figure. Your new hair colour looks lovely and will be a great way to start the new season........hopefully the new season comes soon AND stays!! We bought some bedding plants yesterday. We went to our locally owned garden centre.....I always try to shop local.........when it first opened. They only let a certain amount of people in......sanitize hands......follow the arrows etc. We were in and out pretty quick. I may need to go again next week. That is so lovely of you to bake cookies for the nurses Della.......they must love you for it. Such a treat 😊 BTW...I thought anonymous was very rude.............You have a great visit with Auntie!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Visits With Mary said...

I think it's great that you colored your hair!!! I did mine in pink streaks a while back and I loved it!! WoW, your big family is wonderful, you are truly blessed.

Carol said...

I hope that you have fun on your drive by. Target could be essential as well as Aldi's.

Linda M. Conley said...

That Anonymous is one angry person. Don't even get me going...Hornell has opened for Phase 1 (truthfully, we have been under Phase 1 for 75 days now) and I am hoping by July to have my hair done in Phase 2.

ANYWAYS---Love the hair. I can tell you I am getting a little antsy (gee, what gave it away? lol).

I hope you had a fun day with the drive by Birthday greetings, smiles.

Kathyb1960 said...

I tried to put pink in my hair and after one day all it did was blend in with my gray hair! May go to red for my 60th b-day in Sept!!!

Saimi said...

I love that you took your hair into your own hands, Looks lovely! My roots were so long, the last appointment I had was in January and it got to where I couldn't stand it any longer so I was fortunate my hairdresser was willing to come to my house. She wore a mask and I held one over my mouth. We made it work and I feel so much better!! Your family is absolutely beautiful, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.
Saimi

Martha said...

I believe in a bit of flair. You go, girl!
As for myself, I am longing for another highlight treatment. I miss my natural blond which has decided to go dirty blond instead of blonde blond. Here and there the strands of silver shine, but they haven't taken over yet.
Hm... perhaps I should consider purple...
:0)

Rose Sperlonga said...

At least you tried it! I didn't see any of the purple! I used to do my daughters and it never looked good. Then come to find out I was told you have to strip the hair down. Nope! lol

Maybe pink next time! :)

Joybells said...

I like it! I think I saw some purple in there. :) I finally couldn't stand my long hair any more and my husband cut it for me. Chopped off a good 8" and it feels so light. Doesn't look too bad either! He's pretty pleased with himself and made sure to compliment me on my new hair. :) How nice that you are doing a drive-by for your aunt. I'm sure it will mean a lot to her.