summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

a bargain, a good deal, a steal, oh the fun of it!!!

 Isn't there a thrill associated with a good deal?  Okay, back story first:  

We were in California last week with Aaron and Riley, and they have these really cool shoes.  They say the shoes are comfy, and they come in lots of colors.  I had heard of them, because Sonja and Evelyn came home from California with them a few months back.  So we went to the outlet mall, and tried some on, and wow, comfortable!  I chose these:




They are merino wool, and will be excellent fall/winter sneakers.  I am so terribly bad at making decisions, I almost paralyze, can't decide.  There were choices galore:  summery fabric in shades of lavender, a peachy color, or an autumn-y pumpkin, light blue, ect.  The wooly ones I chose were also offered in several colors, I almost went with a dark purple.  These caught my eye though, and when presented with all the other options, I just went with these, and I really like them.  They were pricey, in my book, around a hundred dollars...thank you, Aaron and Riley!

So yesterday, Camille and I had to go get our groceries, but first we stopped into the thrift store quick, as on Tuesdays I get the Senior Discount, I know, right?   (The cashier asked me if I qualify for any discounts, she said it's hard to ask "when someone looks young for it".  The age is 55.)

Anyway, Camille found a Joy Susan purse in really good condition...

And I found:



They were like new, hardly worn, and are machine washable anyway...and they were:


,
So now I have pink ones too!  They are a size smaller than the gray ones, so they might end up with one of my girls, but still...not too shabby!

The problem with thrifting and finding good deals is that it makes you never ever want to pay full price for anything, because you just know you could get it cheaper, ha.

Today we have some work to do, our dehumidifier was left running on full throttle, the catch basin overflowed, and we have some carpeting to rip up in our storage room...it's a very hot and humid day, not a day for doing lots of work, but it has to be done.  

Life is interesting, the blog only skims the surface.  There are struggles and battles, no one sails through life without them.   We need to hold fast in these trials, because at the end of the day, the most important thing is that we keep our hearts pure.

In other news, this weekend's plans involve a beautiful cottage on a beautiful small lake between two of the Finger Lakes, with four of my daughters and my niece!  

In other other news, Kathryn and baby Rhys are coming for a visit soon, from Oregon!  And, Sam and Grace will be visiting and bringing Grant and Ruth Eleanor!

In other other other news, I need to get busy on this project, can you see how I tend to meander and blab on when I have things to do?  


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What luck finding two pairs of shoes! I know what I want now!:)
Valerie

Terri D said...

You find the best bargains!! I need to visit some of our thrift stores again and see what's what! I always enjoy my visits here!! Blessings! xo

Barbara said...

WHAT A DEAL on that second pair of shoes!!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Valerie, they are comfy shoes! Terri, the thrift stores are fun, you never know what you'll find. It's a conundrum though because I actually want LESS stuff, not more!
Barbara, I know! I actually gave them to my daughter, Margaret. They were just a little bit pinch-y on my feet....she loves them!

Joni said...

Awesome all on the shoes! I should check out that brand!