summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, August 28, 2021

here at the lake...

At the lake with five daughters:

Abigail, Sonja K., me, Evelyn Joy, Mariel Joy, and Emily...
The adorable little cottage, right on the water.

The kitchen has personality...
The stove in a little alcove...

The built-ins!
The view!  There are three stories of view, including a balcony from the top floor.
A tree grows through the deck, or rather, they built the deck around the tree.


Mariel, me, Em, Ev
Brekky on the deck-y...
That view though!  We drove around the Keuka Lake area, and visited a few wineries.



Sonja K....
This is the view of our dock from the deck.  We swam twice today, the water is gorgeous.
The charcuterie for lunch, on the deck.
An afternoon visit to a brewery for some tasting, I only had a few sips, but mmm.  My favorite:  the creme Brûlée.  
Night time view from the deck as I grilled the chicken for a late dinner.
We played some silly games and laughed too much, Emily was dared to fit into the broom closet...

So far this has been a fabulous weekend.  I count myself as one very lucky, or rather blessed girl.

We have solved the world's problems, drank coffee, played in the water, made fantastic food, the girls kayaked, we sampled some wine...I had one sample, because I cannot tolerate much alcohol, but love to taste it.  

So it's been nice, and I am very thankful for my girls.  There were supposed to be two different girls attending, but they both had to bow out, last minute.  Booking places ahead of time is tricky, this one was booked months ago, in the winter.   It's hard to tell what you'll be doing so far in the future, but if you don't book them, they get filled up. 

Anyway, it's been nice, to have such a sweet reprieve, even though we are fully conscious of the horrors going on in Afghanistan.  We did place a phone call to Benjamin the other night, to check on him and make sure he's doing all right.  What a nightmare.  God bless all the brave souls working so hard to get people out of there...


 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Della……….that is THE CUTEST little cabin!! Looks like a doll house 🏡 What a lovely little girls trip. Enjoy 😊

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Joybells said...

Yes, what an adorable cabin, and right on the water! So nice. You guys all look relaxed and full of enjoyment. :)

Joy from Salem

Linda said...

You know, you could of just made the 20-30 min down to Hornell, LOLOLOLOL. Maybe next time we can meet up, smiles. I am so jelly, LOLOLOL.

Terri D said...

What a sweet get-away with five of your girls! That little house is adorable and Keuka Lake is a favorite of blogging friend, Linda (Just Linda). She lives in Hornell. I'm so glad you all had such a great time! Thanks for sharing it with us! xo

Anonymous said...

How old were your youngest kids when you started getting away with your oldest? I can't wait to do that, but I think it is still years away (my youngest is 3). Keeping my eyes open for good getaways though!
Valerie

16 blessings'mom said...

Valerie...I've been able to go on lots of getaways through the years though, my husband has never had a problem with holding down the fort. I usually took the baby if still nursing, but I've been able to go on church retreats, overnights with friends, trips to visit the older kids across the country, Ireland about five years ago, ect...
Terri, I know, I want to get together with Linda one of these days!!!!
Linda, I should have gone to Wegmans to meet you! One of these days! We went to one winery today, one brewery, and one distillery...and it sounds worse than it actually was, ha. The views, oh my goodness, Keuka Lake is so beautiful.
Joy, we had a fantastic time!
Marilyn, yes, like a doll's house!