summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, August 9, 2021

what a beautiful night!!!!

 

We live in such an amazing country, such a beautiful place here in the Northeast.  Last evening, we went to the symphony, an outside concert, right on Owasco Lake.




(Emily and Mariel...Molly and Josh were there, as well as Evelyn, Sonja, and Camille...)
Summer nights, oh so nice!

This fine morning, Miss Cam and I went to a few stores, then home, and into the pool.  She has been practicing violin, and playing piano, while I went into the pool is more accurate.  


Ruth Eleanor sure is sweet, isn't she?

Emily, Evelyn, Sonja, Charlotte Claire, and Camille went "water falling" yesterday.  

I stayed here, Paul had to work, so I puttered around, and went in the pool...poor me, ha.

We did go on a fun outing yesterday, Paul and I.  We looked at a camper, and I want it!  It's SO nice...kept inside during winters, no leaks on the ceiling, spacious, everything works...BUT, there is an issue with the floor being soft near the door, and jeepers, I just am not sure I want to invest a pile of money in a nice camper with potential issues like that.  The owner explained it all away, but I am not convinced it's a good idea.  
I like the "pop up" ends, good for sleeping in the Adirondacks, when there's no electricity...
It's huge and spacious, very light, could pull it with our truck...the refrigerator works, the AC works, the bathroom works (a bathroom!  No quietly unzipping the tent in the night and wandering to the bathhouse in the dark...


So much room, storage, just so nice, and affordable...$7,000.   But what if the floors are really bad, rotted underneath, got worse, and we were still paying on it?  It's too big a purchase to take the chance...but it's so hard, because I've been looking for a camper for a few years, and in our price range, nothing.  It needs to be big AND light, and clean, and dry, and cheap, ha.  

It's obviously not a NEED, but I am a bit disappointed because I really really wanted it.

Ah well.  It was fun to be excited about while it lasted.  Once I started researching soft spot in camper floor,  the internet advice:  walk away.  ouch.



7 comments:

Véronique said...

Out of curiosity I also googled..Spongy floor in high traffic area seems to be normal over the years. Nothing that epoxy can't fix..I would not walk away from this camper without checking the many youtube videos on how to repair the foam underneath the floor. If you have a tight budget you might have to compromise on a few fixes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4RfbD1j4EM

I guess I want to read your camping stories ;)

Kara said...

Soft floors and soft roofs in campers are definite red flags. Run, don't walk away. It's a great deal because it's got major damage.

Susan said...

Della, is there a professional person who could inspect the camper like a mechanic when you buy a used car? It does look impeccably maintained.
Eleanor is just so perfectly beautiful!
♥️♥️♥️♥️Susan

Terri D said...

Ah, heck. What a shame about the camper. It looks perfect. That park where you went to the concert is just beautiful! Have a blessed week!! xo

Anonymous said...

Would you be able to store the camper inside or covered during the harsh winter months? I wonder how water/snow proof those pop out bed areas would be. It does look well cared for, but I would also be worried about the soft floor. That concert area near the lake is just beautiful! Again, I am so jealous of all the green...looks just like a storybook to me. Although my town of Camarillo is pretty, so much of California is terribly dry, and the Santa Ana winds often lead to very destructive wildfires in our area.

Laurie in California

16 blessings'mom said...

Veronique, I totally get what you're saying, and I would love to just dive in, then deal with the issues. But there definitely is water damage, and it could be a potential HUGE can of worms.
Kara, that's what I read in so many forums about "soft spot camper floor" ha.
Susan, there probably is...but I did "phone a friend", and talk to my brother, and my son Benjamin, and we all agree: this is chance-y. And thank you, I am in love with that baby already.
Terri, I know, it was too good to be true. And yes, where the concert was: right on the water in a huge grassy park, that pavilion is lovely too.
Laurie, we had thought to try to fit it into one of Benjamin's barns, or at least cover it. The winters here are very hard on campers. The owner said he always stored it inside in winter, but: he wasn't the first owner. I'll tell you something: it IS like a story book around here, it is just so lush and beautiful right now. The grasses might brown up in the month of August, but we've had enough rain so far this year that it's still really green. Wildfires are terrifying, last year Aaron had soot all over his cars, in the Walnut Creek area...and I think Kathryn did in Oregon too.

Linda said...

You always make me smile. Thanks Della...hope you have a beautiful day, friend.