summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, August 16, 2021

airport posting...

 

Lovely, but this is what you get when you get home from camping, and head to the airport at five the next morning.  You know me, I wake up twenty million times just to make sure I don't oversleep.

There is never a dull moment in an airport.  There are some little chickadees hopping around here in the seating area at our gate in New York City.  There are all sorts of people.  One lady has a mask and a face shield, which she keeps adjusting between bites of an apple.  I have my water bottle with a straw, and am sipping slowly, so my mask can be down.  People have Dunkin, but I didn't see a Dunkin, and the Starbucks line is so long...we might just have to wait until we get on the plane to have a coffee.  I had the best coffee ever in my travel mug on the way to the airport in the dark this morning, but we all know how dangerous it is to bring your coffee through security!  No, not allowed!  You can buy one right after you go through, but the one from home, nope.

I do have TSA Pre-check, which was worth the eighty bucks.  This is the seventh time I've gone on an airplane trip since last March, so I guess I am a frequent flyer.  I don't have to remove my shoes, remove the liquids from my backpack, or take my electronics out.  Doesn't it all make sense?

Anyway.  What a world.  I won't get into any of that right now though.  This is just a break between flights, our next one goes all the way to San Francisco, it's a long one.  If you don't live in the U.S.ofA., you may not realize how big and giant this country is, but it takes a while to cross it.  It's no Ireland crossing, 3-4 hours from coast to coast.  It takes twice that by plane.   

Well next post will be from sunny and warm California...there is something less than satisfying in going to a warm place in the summertime, but it'll still be fantastic.  Their pool is like 90-something degrees, the warmest ours was all summer:  82.  It was holding water last evening, hope it continues to fill up and work for us.  It's hard when you love something.  :)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Della……… I love all the camping pictures! Such fun……….. Kids always love it and why wouldn’t they? Someone had a trailer….I guessing Ben? Have a great flight and hopefully no delays. Enjoy seeing your boy 🥰🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

terre said...

how fun, della. what part of cali? if north, its VERY smokey. if south, its VERY hot. either way, enjoy your trip.

terre

Terri D said...

I do not like flying... well the flying part is okay. It's the getting through security and waiting, waiting, waiting that makes me nuts. Then when you arrive, more waiting, waiting, waiting. I've mentioned before that I have a problem with patience. Glad you are on your way and look forward to hearing about your trip! xo

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, kids love camping to be sure. I tell my older ones who have kids that we go camping for the kids, and shouldn't really consider it a vacation. If we happen to relax or get some sleep, BONUS, lucky us! That's the attitude we had to have when our kids were small, because it was hard. Fun, but in all honesty, hard.
Terre, we are in Walnut Creek California, near San Francisco, but not foggy, and warmer.
Terri, I don't like going through security AT ALL. I get nervous, too many things to juggle, my ID, boarding pass, glasses, then taking things out of the bags, the liquids bag...now I do have Pre-Check, and it's nice, I don't have to remove the liquids bag, the electronics (my laptop can stay in my backpack, as well as my phone), my shoes stay on...it's less stressful, and less intrusive pat-downs. We are here now, though, yay!