summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, August 29, 2021

almost home....another day in paradise!

 

The day started with coffee on the deck...the girls started coming out to join me, then the rumblings for brekky started...well, I didn't really WANT to go in and make eggs, but once I get up and start cooking, I rather enjoy it.  Evelyn came with me, and made the scrambled eggs while I made the bacon.  We had leftover chopped onions and peppers, so the eggs were A-okay.  There was a stack of hot cinnamon toast with butter, too.  We brought it all down to the deck, and ate outside, so nice!

Then, a swim!  

And...off we went...to a beautiful winery on Keuka Lake...

Sonja K., Evelyn, Mariel...
Emily and Sonja...

The views!

I figured out that I can have one tasting in the middle of the day and still sleep at night...

My twin, Miss Sonja K.
From our deck!
And, a brewery!  I only tasted this, didn't drink it all, I can't.
The views, again!

Evelyn carrying all the treats from the Dollar General...
Such a pretty sunset...
That was Emily floating around down there...


A beautiful place.  Abigail and Evelyn have to work tomorrow, and Sonja has her first day of actual nursing school tomorrow, so they left after our dinner, which was:  grilled burgers with fresh tomato and onion slices, (no buns), corn on the cob from the local farm stand, and fries.  

Emily, Mariel, me...it seemed sad and lonely with the other girls gone.  We had so much fun!  We also had important conversations, and encouraging ones too.  We sat at the table and went around saying what we were thankful for.  We all agreed on one thing:  we are thankful that we get along well, that there were no issues, no arguments, no dramas all weekend.  We are thankful that we are friends with each other, and that we can have such good clean fun.  

Tomorrow morning, the three of us will pack up and head home.  

Wednesday I'll be watching little Tennyson and his big brother Wulf all day while Margaret has knee surgery.  Thursday morning, Kathryn and her little baby Rhys will be arriving from Oregon for the weekend (her husband and little Achilles will not be coming, as her husband has to work), then on Friday night, Samuel and Grace and little Grant and newborn Ruth Eleanor will be coming up from Virginia.  They will be going to a youth conference on Saturday and Sunday, and yours truly will be watching Grant, and probably helping in the kitchen for at least one meal.

So busy time coming.  I have to clean out the guest room, vacuum and wash bedding.  It's all good stuff, and it's nice to be busy, but this relaxing weekend has been blissful...

Coming up soon....I might just be driving across this entire country again....in just a few weeks!


4 comments:

Linda said...

I am so glad you have a lovely time, grin. I hope you have a beautiful Monday, my friend.

Unknown said...

Good morning Della……………What a lovely weekend you had, and it sounds to me like more coming up! You are a girl on the move for sure πŸ‘πŸ»Enjoy 😊

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Anonymous said...

As usual I am just blown away by the beautiful green landscapes there! When you posted pictures of the mountains in the Bay Area, I thought "yep, that looks like home." Most of California is so dry...I often wonder why the Angeles National Forest is called a "forest". It is mostly dry grass and scrub brush. It is wonderful that you and your daughters have such a great relationship. And it seems like you are always going on a new adventure. Enjoy your upcoming visit with the two newest grand daughters!

Laurie in California

Terri D said...

Such great fun and good memories made with your girls! Busy times ahead! I'm looking forward to hearing all about what's to come! xo