summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, August 6, 2021

well THAT was not fun!

 So while you sip your second cup, let me tell you the story of the lady who ate too many cherries.  You might guess where this is going, and if you're envisioning me running like mad toward the bathroom, you get the gold medal.

I know I cannot tolerate too much fruit, I barely eat it except for berries, but they're so good!

Anyway, because I am a lady...(anyone else's mom raise them giving the highest regard to acting like a LADY?), I will spare the drippy details.  I will say that I tried to go to bed early, and ended up getting up at least five times.  Each time, I was all comfy and ready for some yummy delicious sleep, and...uh-oh!  

I found myself saying this awful, I hate this!!!  If I wasn't thinking that way, I'd be a total weirdo, because who LIKES diarrhea?   No one, that's who.  But then I thought to be thankful...thankful that I could still walk, that I was capable of scurrying to that bathroom.  Thankful for the bathroom itself!   It really helped.  

Anyway, sleep was a scarcity, but thankfully this morning I feel A-okay!  Not fantastic, but fine enough!  It's a beautiful sunny day, and we're going to the library, the thrift store, then coming home and having some time on the pool deck, then:  a party tonight!  An outdoor deck party!  We have the crockpot already humming along with the pulled pork, with lime, brown sugar and pepper, so there'll be nachos.  Sonja's thinking mojitos, which I can only sip, but still.  A summer party!  

The girls are all ready, so off we go...have an excellent day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Della………..there once was a cherry lover who years ago ate waaaaaaaaaay too many!! Her 12 year old daughter came home and found her on the floor writhing in pain so she ran to get the neighbour, because the dad was away on business!! Of course he was!! The neighbour drove me to the ER where I was given a shot of Gravol and put on an IV with some morphine and kept ALL NIGHT!! Della I have NEVER felt so sick. I am very cautious with cherries now and will only eat about 6 (I could still eat a heap) Probably TMI 🙄

Have fun at your party tonight! What fun!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Linda said...

Ok, so cherries do that to me too, sigh...glad your feeling better. smiles

Terri D said...

Oh, my. I understand completely! And you would think that the scale would show that you lost at least five pounds after a night like that!! Small consolation. Sounds like a very fun party and I look forward to hearing about it! xo