summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

cookies and kiddos...

 


I made a triple batch of chocolate chip cookies today, while Anya and Elise were over to play while their mama went to some appointments.
I've been playing phone tag with the septic dye tester guy for a week, then he called me back today and whoa, could he come over and do the test this afternoon?  Sure, I said, I'm home.  (the county requires this test every few years).  So over he came, into the house, said he needed access to a bathroom sink and the kitchen sink.  Wait a minute, I somehow thought this test was something that happened outside.

Well, it happens INSIDE, and there were dishes in the sink.  I had to quickly empty that sink, and had no time to wash them up, they got stacked next to the sink.  ugh.  I was knee deep in cookies, and there were coloring books, markers, crayons all over, just like old times.  Anyway, he had to ask me a bunch of questions like:  How many bedrooms are in the house.  A normal person would know the answer, but I had to count on my fingers.  I told him that only four kids still live at home.   ONLY FOUR?!  Well, I told him how many there used to be.  Anyway, he asked the questions and I answered them, while baking batch after batch of cookies.  I did send him home with some, of course I did.  Anya asked him if he was wasting water, ha, because the sink had to run for a certain amount of time to test the septic.  

Anyway.  It was another busy day.  It started at five a.m. with Sunny whining to go outside, which is better than doing whatever she had to do in our room, I guess.  I waited for her to do her thing, and of course Suri had to go out too...then back to bed.  I tossed and turned, then fell into a deep sleep and didn't wake until 8:00, oops.  Camille and I had a date to go to the library.  She got a stack of books, then off to the thrift store, for my 25% discount...we found a little bike for $5.25, a pair of leather Steve Madden sandals for Cam, and a really cute dress for Anya.  Then, to Aldi for butter, heavy cream, and some lunch snacks, as tomorrow is Charlotte Claire's first day of school!

This evening, I had an activity club meeting...we pause those gatherings for the summer months, but it's all starting up again!

The house is a mess, but I've battled with a headache all day, one that ebbs and flows, and is throbbing again.  I almost can't go to bed until it calms down...the mess will wait, right?  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning Della 😊 That was funny about the septic tank guy coming into the house 🤣🤣 He got some delicious cookies too. I hope your headache is better this morning too. Headaches are awful. Cute picture if the two little girls……….I’m sure they were a big help making the cookies. Have a lovely day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your headache! Hope it goes away soon. This makes me want cookies, yum. I did make a chocolate cake today, though, so I should be content with that.:)
Valerie

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness! I'm sure the cookies smelled wonderful and the tester has most likely seen much worse as he enters homes. No worries!! Sure hope your headache is gone by now!! xo