summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

rainy day musings....

 

See all that yummy stuff in the pantry behind me?  It looks slob-0-lish-is, but my organizational skills are rather lacking...maybe I'll try to make it look better one of these days.  I was thinking bifold doors, or a curtain, but yuck-0 to both.  I like to see all the snacks ha.
Thankful, grateful, blessed...Anya picked that out for me, for Christmas, and I love it.
Spooky!  I love the orange lights, it makes it cozy in here on a rainy day.



The yellow squash from the garden, and the acorn squash that was fifty cents at the corn stand.

I do love a rainy day.  It's dark and cozy and with our metal roof, it sounds perfect.  The only thing that would make it better would be a pot of something simmering on the stove or in the crockpot...chili, chicken soup...

But, dinner is already planned...the bone-in chicken breast is marinating, and will be roasted in the oven with cubed rosemary potatoes, carrot chunks, and Brussel sprouts.  

It IS cozy in here.

Kitty looks cozy in the new stroller.
Suri looks so cozy you can't even see her on that dark brown couch.  She knocked the pillow down, Jon wonders why we bother with throw pillows, as the pups knock them down continuously.

Today I face-timed with Kathryn and got to see Achilles and Rhys, I washed dishes, cleaned counters, put the chicken in to marinate.  I did laundry, folded laundry, and not too much else.  Camille and I are going on an adventure soon, to get a dump permit for a dump in a small city where we own some property.  Is it really an adventure, or will we just make it feel like one?

Here's some good news: (NY state)


Here are some fun pics of our junior activity club party last evening:

Emily pouring the tea...
They certainly liked their tea party.  I made unicorn hats, they decorated them.  

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment, just a check up.  Am I excited about it?  Absolutely, most certainly NOT.  But, I never had my mammogram last year, because it kept being postponed because of Covid, then it was left at call back sometime and make an appointment.   Since I love mammograms so much, I conveniently didn't do that, but I know I am quite high risk (my mom's mom died of cancer in her thirties, my dad's mom when she was 54, my mom had breast cancer (but survived it), my sister had it))

I'll get some bloodwork done, find out if my cholesterol is still too high, get my blood pressure checked, all the fun stuff.  My very favorite is getting on the scale, I'll be sure to wear my heaviest clothes.

Oh the fun of getting old.  If you actually make it to being really old, you've dodged so many bullets, haven't you?  You should be seriously thankful for ever single day.  We all should, as life itself is a gift.  So many little annoyances that would steal our joy, say NO.  


5 comments:

Linda said...

It was monsoonal when I left work this afternoon, but I am not complaining.-- I think our governor will have to have an answer by the 28th to the court on WHY she thinks its Constitutional as to why the state is NOT allowing religious exemptions. Me thinks she will give some smart lame answer (I almost said a bad word, grin). ANYWAYS, It should be interesting...---I think the cat thinks that stroller is for her, grin. AND YOU look great! smiles. Good luck on the dr. visit.

Unknown said...

Hi Della. You are so funny talking about getting old!! My goodness……….now I’m getting up there in age. I’ll be 78 in December and sometimes feel it and sometimes not! Like when a made muffins a couple of weeks ago and when I put them in the oven and set the timer I turned the oven off instead of pressing the start button for the timer, then sat in my comfy chair and dozed off! I woke up with a start and looked at the oven and it was off!! I asked my hubby if he turned it off?? No he hadn’t……..,…πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„Brain fart!!!

Your little tea party looks like fun for the kiddos. They must just love it 😍 Isn’t FaceTime wonderful? I talk to my sister in law in Australia fairly often. It’s great. I hope you had a great adventure today with Camille.

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Terri D said...

Good luck at the doctor. My regular appointment is next month. I'm planning to fast for five days before so I can hopefully lose 45 pounds. Ha. Not happening. I enjoyed your post! xo

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda, and our new gov is is bad as the old one was...power trip woman, she is....masking the two year olds, that's awful. Just awful.
Marilyn, that's so funny about the muffins! I bet they turned out good anyway, and it's better to turn the oven off than to turn it on and take a deep nap, I guess. Brain fart is such a funny term. And yes, face time is magical.
Terri, that's a good idea, too bad it won't work. I get so nervous about going to the dr., not sure why, but I truly hate it.

Susan said...

I would LQVE to be in that activity club! I know those kids look so forward to your creativity.♥️♥️♥️Susan