summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

what a beautiful day!

 Today's theme:  happiness.  Because, why not?  Camille is working on her Japanese, and soon I'll hear the sweet notes of her violin, so lovely.  The dogs are snoring, the cats are afoot, Paul is working, and my chair is comfy.

The "new" $20 stroller.  It's in fine condition.
The lady selling it lives in a big nice house, and is expecting her #2, so she needs a double stroller.  She barely used this, it's nice and clean.  It folds up super easily, and compactly.  Shh, of course I ordered a child tray for it...I admit, I don't need a stroller, but, I do babysit the grandkids sometimes, and there have been times I've wanted one...like if Tennyson is tried and won't go to sleep,  go for a walk and he'll fall asleep in the stroller.  

Camille and I went to the library yesterday, she got out another stack of books.   Then to Target, for some things for activity club, then the grocery store really quickly for a few of their specials (bone-in chicken breast for 99 cents a pound!), then to get the stroller, then to the dollar store.

Home, ahh home.  I didn't make dinner because we had leftovers from Sunday.  I love those days, not that I mind cooking, I just don't like cooking every single day.   When the kids were little, and those days I'd stand there at the freezer, choosing which chunk of meat I wanted to run under water to pry apart, or just throw in the oven all frozen together...

You can say I should have planned better, and sometimes I did!  Once in a while I would get my act together and actually know what was for dinner for a few days in a row!  But honestly, try having SIXTEEN kids.  It was a full time job PLUS.  Day and night, mama's got it.  

Now, the house is relatively clean.  I vacuum every day, and the sink is usually empty.  I wander into the laundry room, nothing in the hamper.  This is a very far cry from back-in-the-day, when the Laundry Mountain lived in the laundry room doorway.  Now, the kids who live here do their own laundry, so I just have to do mine, and bedding and towels, ect.  

Tonight is our first junior activity club of the season, we're having a unicorn tea party to celebrate a birthday.  I have the makings of the unicorn hat projects,  I have to make one ahead of time to show what we're doing, and to actually figure out how to do it.  

I'll leave you with the latest press release from our county:
This leads me to question:  if more unvaccinated than vaccinated are testing positive, why is it that in our little rural county, population 76,500, are the hospitalizations of vaccinated consistently higher than the UN-vaccinated?  




2 comments:

Terri D said...

Interesting statistics, indeed. Your posts are always an adventure! That stroller is amazing for $20!! Leftovers are always great to have in the fridge! Love ya! xo

Linda said...

My old/former college math teacher who comes in the store regularly now (he was forced into retirement because he refused the vaccine) said, "The numbers don't add up, do they?" No sir...AND I'll leave it at that. I hope you have a beautiful day, friend. smiles.