summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 30, 2021

how to while away the hours....

 1.  Vacuum then mop the floors.  Don't pick all the toys first, just to make it fun to move them around while you work.

2.  Cut up five pounds of chicken breast, and start that crockpot up, full of butter chicken.

3.  Make a batch of chocolate cookies, some with sprinkles (for Camille who doesn't like chocolate chips), and some with chocolate chips.

4.  Start the dough for homemade naan bread to go with that butter chicken. (it's rising now)

5.  Listen to Camille practice her violin, and talk to her about her school work.  (She's reading the Harry Potter books again, she's almost done with the fifth one, and she started a week ago Saturday.)



6.  Let the cats in, then out, then in, then out, give them cat food, then a little bit of cream when you make a coffee, let the dogs out, then in, a few more times and you're good.  Feed those pups, too, then pet them A LOT.

When the weather starts to cool, they snuggle more...


Molly is coming over with Lydia and Ophelia in a little while, the Margaret and Adrian are coming with Wulf and Tennyson.  Paul and I are babysitting the boys tonight so Marg and Adrian can go to a meeting.  But first we'll all have dinner, which smells wonderful by the way.

Margaret came over yesterday with the little guys, she works from home so she worked from here for the afternoon.  When she finished up, we went to return a hairbrush Camille had ordered online, which was a knock-off, and it's beyond me how this matters, but there is apparently a special hairbrush for curly hair.  When the kids were all growing up, we were lucky if we could find the hairbrush, but whatever.  We also went to Marshall's, where I bought some socks, and one small Christmas gift.  Then, mmm, coffee, because it was Coffee Day, so it was one dollar from Simple Roast, a little local place.

I did clean out a closet yesterday, the game closet, because there's no reason, on God's green earth, for us to have the amount of games we had in that closet.  Yes, we keep some games for the grandchildren, and some in case the kids to want to play in the winter, but how many versions of The Game of Life does one family need?  I kept several versions of Monopoly, and of course Candyland, and some matching games, and some puzzles, but I did donate several puzzles, and lots of games.  I threw some things away, and organized what was left, and wow, I like it.  It does feel so fantastic to downsize things.  I'm walking around the house, opening the closet doors and admiring.  

Here's a fun thing:  The last two bags of dog chow I've purchase, I've ordered from Walmart...it's cheap by the big bag, I don't have to lug it around the store, ect., AND, it comes in a big box, nice for playing in!  Not me, ha, the grandkids!   I do like getting things in the mail!  Since the dog food is over $35, it's free shipping, and if there is something small you want, you can add it on, so I ordered a can organizer, to see if it really helps.  If so, I'll get another few.  

Am I turning into a boring old lady?  hmmm.  


While I was cleaning out a closet, I found a curtain, new in the package, that I had bought for $2.  Why not hang it in the pantry doorway?  Well, said Charlotte, it looks nice if you like the college student look.  It's better than being greeted by all those canned goods though, right?  The ones I didn't throw away...
Summer went by too fast, and now it's chilly.  I like sweaters, and pumpkins, and crunchy leaves, but there is nothing in this world like sitting on the pool deck and just baking in the sun, then getting into that pool...



8 comments:

Kristi said...

I remember you thinking about getting a job. Having a job would severely limit your ability to do all the things you like to do.

Anonymous said...

I love the way your pantry curtain looks! (It looks almost as good as your cookies!)

Shirley in Washington said...

Your dinners always sound so delicious and I am so glad you share your menu with us! We are having crockpot pot roast, mashed potatoes and green salad tonight for dinner. Just in case you were wondering! Blessings, Shirley

Terri D said...

I think the curtain looks fine!! The cookies look delicious! You are superwoman. xo

16 blessings'mom said...

Kristi, that's exactly it, I don't have the energy I used to have, and if I were working, dang, I wouldn't be able to be here as much for the grandkids, or even have the fun with the younger kids here.
Thank you!
Shirley, that sounds good!!! Camille keeps asking for mashed potatoes, one of these days!
Terri, thank you! It does hide a multitude of sins, and the cookies do look good, I actually haven't had one because well, I will only want more, ha.

Linda said...

You tell Ms. Charlotte, I like the curtain, smiles. Ha, wait, you mean, you don't play in the boxes? (lolololol)--have a beautiful day, friend.

Unknown said...

Hey Della…………you are the energizer bunny I think!! I absolutely LOVE mashed potato too………..I especially love them whipped with the electric beaters and lots of butter. Oh my goodness so yummy. I also just love the sign over your pantry…πŸ’žπŸ’ž I bet the butter chicken was delicious and the smell in the house would be heavenly πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹ I have a great recipe for the crockpot and I’m thinking I might have to make it soon too πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

Have a great day!

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, yes whipped with lots of butter, mmm! Cam might just get her wish soon!
Linda, wait, you work in box heaven, right? I hate seeing boxes crushed up and thrown away without getting played in first ha, even the cat likes a good box.