summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 10, 2021

it's life!

 

Achilles is not visiting me, no, he's at his house all the way in Oregon, but Kathryn took these cute pics of him with his doll...
He is so cute.  Kathryn visited with baby Rhys, but little Kiwi stayed home with his daddy.  I miss him, but shh, I am going on a trip to Oregon in November, yay!
Miss Charlotte Claire, tenth grade.  How strange is this:  one child getting on the bus in the mornings!

(Camille Anaya is homeschooling)

We've had a busy-ish week.  Yesterday I drove a friend to get fingerprinted for a new job opportunity, which was a mini-adventure.  I thought I knew where the place was, but it was in a different place, and it involved traffic circles, ugh.  We survived, then even stopped at Aldi on the way home.  

We've had Riley visit from California, which has been great fun.  We went for coffee, went to Marshall's, and of course got local pizza and wings.

This fine day I am going to lunch with my sister for her birthday....here we are a few years ago:


My beloved swimming pool is closed for the season.  The cold nights dropped that water temperature, I reasoned that even when we get some more nice summery days, the water will be too cold to justify leaving the pump running and putting all the chemicals into it.  Summer, once again, went by way too fast.  

I am sort of ready for sweaters and pumpkins, my bare feet are actually cold this morning.  I put my slippers in the wash, haven't worn them in months!

All this nice stuff, but you know I'm not thrilled with Mr. B, our very own mess-of-a-leader.  Anyone who voted for him, hope they're happy.  Gas prices, the whole HORRIFIC Afghanistan debacles, those poor souls over there, not able to leave, when he lies and lies and says they're able...and these new mandates, come on, man!   The newly vaccinated who die from the vaccine are being classified as unvaccinated Covid deaths!  In our county alone, 7 of the 13 Covid hospitalized patients are vaccinated.   Other treatments are continuously shunned, banned, belittled, and mocked, there is only ONE answer, and if you don't like the answer, you also are shunned, banned, belittled and mocked.  I know, there are readers who support these measures and mandates, and that's fine.  It's a FREE country, and a free blog, thankfully.  

But I'll tell you something, the aftermath of these mandates is not going to be pretty.  There are reasons, good reasons, people have for not getting vaccinated...so many have already had Covid, and have very good immunity.  (We don't hear much about herd immunity anymore, but a dr. from the CDC revealed a study recently showing it's about 83% in our country right now).  But anyways, these mandates are already causing so many problems.  Our hospitals are in shambles.  Understaffed already, the staff:  quitting.  Saying, go ahead, fire me, because of the NY mandates, now Mr. B. has his own set of mandates.  People are walking away from healthcare, and then all of you who are RAH RAH-ing behind it, what are you going to do when you need treatment?  I'm serious.  It's a very serious problem.  One big trauma hospital in our area has closed floors.  There are simply not enough nurses to staff them!  They're sick and tired of being overworked, having too many patients, and are reaching their breaking points.  It's not because they are over run with Covid patients, it's because they are totally understaffed.  The hospitals themselves are livid, they are in the position that they have to fire their workers, when they don't have enough to begin with!
I can almost hear you saying it...why don't they just get vaccinated then!

Maybe "one size fits all" just doesn't fit.  Maybe they've been hospitalized for heart problems following an antibiotic treatment, like me, and are hesitant that just because it's FDA approved, it's safe.   Maybe they've worked with positive patients, weighed down and sweated in layers of protection, in fear, in sadness, had Covid themselves, and have decided they don't need the vaccine.  Now they're being ousted, after all they've done!

(just for the record, all of my healthcare "kids" are vaccinated, and for the record, I am NOT anti-vax. People feel safe and protected being jabbed, and maybe some are). I am pro-choice on this one, my body, my choice.  And don't give me the old protect the others, because the vaccinated are spreading it too.  Look at Israel, then look at countries where they haven't had vaccines and have been open....a big difference.

If you don't think there's a bigger agenda than "keeping people safe", I rather envy you your naivety.  We all know the end times are approaching, and this all just plays into it, with the vaccine passports, ect.  But. There is hope, because:

Here's the thing:  it can be simply maddening to read the news, but we need to remember that God is ultimately in charge.  Good will always triumph over evil.  

So I come here and rant, but at the end of the day, do I personally trust that all that comes my way is weighed and measured, and is just right for me, from a loving God who cares for me, and wants me to live a pure, overcoming life?  


12 comments:

Sandi said...

Achilles is a great name. 😊

There is so much going on in the world. We have to keep our eyes on the Lord. Everything else is shaking.

Dana said...

I'm curious, where are you getting the data for COVID hospitalizations (7 out of 13). Could you share it?

Linda said...

Yep...and you know my thoughts...btw, if one is vaccinated, why are you so worried or concerned for my welfare? Aren't you (general term) protected? Just wondering.

Such cute photos, smiles. Thank you for the kind comments on my blog...I totally get where your going with your thoughts. smiles

16 blessings'mom said...

Sandi, Achilles is a great name. I admit to being a bit surprised when I heard it, and they say mostly old people don't like it, and I want to be young, ha.
Dana, Cayuga County NY website, click on "press release" for Sept 7 ( The new release for today, September 10, states the number hospitalized from this county: 11, 7 of them vaccinated, 4 unvaccinated.). It leads me to wonder why we are being told that the unvaccinated are causing so much harm.
Linda, that's what I want to know. Why does anyone care? :)

Anonymous said...


Currently the average number of CASES in a week per every 100,000 people is... 288.
Current the average number of DEATHS from Covid in a week per every 100,000 people is 2.

This is not a pandemic. This does not warrant a dictator mandating medical procedures on people, nor taking away their ability to earn a living and work at their jobs without forcing them to accept a shot.

Medical coercion is not consent.



https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_deathsper100klast7days
https://www.openvaers.com/covid-data
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics

Terri D said...

I have a friend whose grandsons are Achilles and Ajax. I enjoyed your post and agree with all you say. Right on, my friend! xo

Mari said...

Your grandson is adorable!
I came over here after reading your comment on Linda's blog about the mandates. I had to tell you that you are so right. I'm a nurse and we are already short all the time. I know several people who will quit if mandated. It's a mess!

CarrieinSeattle said...

I agree with you on a lot of stuff but not your view on masks and vaccines. It’s your blog and I respect and read your differing opinion. I work in a large hospital and I see everyday the devastation Covid is causing. For those who say unvaccinated people aren’t effecting other people, I wish they would know they are. We are so inundated with Covid cases that it affects our ability to treat normal
emergencies. Our medical equipment is stretched thin and could impact its availability for heart patients and those needing ECMO and ventilators. We as healthcare workers are tired and fatigued. As for the data showing vaccinated vs unvaccinated positive cases this doesn’t reflect the severity of the Covid cases. I know it’s purely antidotal but the cases I see in the ICU are unvaccinated. We have never had a vaccinated patient pass away.

Kristi said...

Your county number are interesting. I’m in California is, in the Central Valley, so a smaller county, population wise.. We have approximately 900,000 people living in the county, and yesterday’s hospitalization rate for covid was 339 with 2 vaccinated people noted. They tell us our hospitals are 92% full at this point and to go to urgent cares if possible. I have a cousin that as an ER RN and she says it is no stop crazy—but she doesn’t want the vaccine still. My immediate family is all vaccinated. I think everyone can make their own decisions and will have to live with the consequences, whatever they might be, and God is always in control.

Michelle said...

Hi Della,
Your grandkids are all just so adorable! I love hearing about them all. :)

As for the mandates, I definitely don’t agree with coercion by the government or private businesses. Masks are one thing, injecting something into someone’s body is different. With that, I will say that I am in a county in southwest Florida that has had a surge going on for over a month. We have had about 7-18 people die each day in our small hospital system here. Quite a few icu/ventilator patients. Staffed capacity yesterday was 101%. There are several children hospitalized with Covid as well. This is the worst we’ve seen in our area since the beginning of this virus.

A family member of mine is in a different state, currently on a ventilator. He is around 50 years old and had recently lost weight, was starting to feel great, looked healthy, etc. His fiance was fully vaccinated but he didn’t believe in vaccines. She had a headache from Covid, he ended up on a vent just 2 days after being rushed to the hospital. We don’t know if he’s going to make it, but we’re praying for him.

I had mentioned before that I wasn’t sure about getting vaxxed, but after being tested for antibodies (I don’t have any), and this surge, and a family member around my age on a ventilator, I went and got the vaccine a few days ago. Mild arm soreness, neck/headache the next day, but I’m fine now. My husband is very against the vaccines, but I am relieved that I did it, honestly, I wavered for several months, made and cancelled appointments, and finally made a next day appointment at our hospital so I could be right there if I had an allergic reaction.

I made a choice, which everyone should have a right to do. I don’t think mandates are the way to go. (Sorry I wrote a book! LOL)

~Michelle in FL

16 blessings'mom said...

Michelle, that's awful about your friend, it IS a terrible sickness. I have also made and cancelled appointments. Since having it in my house, Paul being so sick, Sonja drinking out of my coffee (and me drinking after her!), I think I have some immunity. I am not even saying that I WON'T get the vaccine, that's just where I am at this time. God bless you and your family, I hope you all fare okay in this, it is simply terrible.
Kristi, that's a populous county, ours has aprox. 75,000 people. About ten percent have tested positive at this point., and 97 have died, most of them in the nursing homes.
Carrie, I am sorry you're going through such a rough time. The doctors and nurses in this country are definitely suffering, and unfortunately are leaving hospitals which are already short staffed. It's awful.
Mari, it is a mess.

Kristi said...

I don’t see us as populated, Los Angeles county is next to ours and and they have 10,000,000 so we always feel small. That is where a lot of disconnect is in the country—We live in different areas. We have about 5-10 people a day dying from covid in our county at this point whereas LA had 50 die yesterday.