summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, February 6, 2022

a day in life....

 This fine morning, I woke up to quietness, poor me.  Some dishes, some laundry, some coffee...ahhh.  I did sweep the floor and straighten things around here and there, too.  The kids have this thing, this thing that isn't true:  the house is cleaner when mom is gone, as if I am the culprit of messes.  This is because they do much more when I'm gone than they normally do, but the house is NOT cleaner.  Maybe to THEM, but I come home and see all the things they do not see.  The buildup on the stove top, the drippings and droppings and slippings and sloppings.   

I have to brace myself for coming home, coming home and behaving. :)

They did fine without me though.  They only had to make two dinners, and Paul made one, then on night #4, he ordered them pizza and wings.   They all do their own laundry, and there was a washer and dryer in the airbnb, so we kept up on our laundry, so no catching up there.  

I just puttered around cleaning things they don't realize, ha.

Camille and I went out and about...Target, where she found a skirt, some hair clips, and a pair of sweatpants, all on clearance, but I said, Happy Birthday, to her.  Her birthday is in November.  Then to Aldi for the basics, avocados and salad stuff, mozzarella cheese and a 95 cent pizza dough.  I can make it myself, but we are down to only one pizza these days, (I don't usually eat any), so it's not worth the effort, for less than a dollar.  We got butter, and bacon, and chicken, and chocolate.  

Home...ah, home.  I love going out and about, especially in the winter wonderland of today.  The snow had stopped, but it's deep deep deep, and lovely, sparkling in the sunshine.  

But oh I love coming home...

And, this was yesterday...things got busy, and I didn't publish it.  Today has been a fantastic day, and a new project is in the works:  reserving an airbnb for lots of friends for a weekend in March...Emily, Evelyn, Margaret & Adrian and Wulf and Tennyson came for dinner, oven roasted lime/ginger chicken breasts, rice, and roasted veggies.  Dessert:  Norwegian chocolate, thank you so much to our friend Cathy, she just got back from visiting her son in Norway...so sweet to bring us chocolate!


The kids playing in the snow after church today...
Tennyson is so funny, I love him.
Wulf!!!
Two lazy Labradors!

And....goodnight!

No comments: