summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

sunshine state, come on!!!! we need sunshine!

 Well partly cloudy means partly sunny, and sunny is good.  We are greedy for sunshine, just starving for it.  Yesterday was glorious...we relaxed, and had coffee in the back yard, bare feet...we worked out (okay, my work out is very lame, but still, it gets the blood moving.).  We took a walk to Walgreens so Abigail could get flip flops...we got some bubbly, and some chocolate...it's half a mile to the store, so it's a nice walk.  

Charcuterie by the pool...


When the clouds parted, we were warmed by the sun, soaked it up...we had afternoon coffee and an episode of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel", then started to think about dinner plans...we ubered to a nice Mexican place down on the ocean...it was lovely, with extremely good tacos.  I had half a Margarita...so yummy.   You go through the line and get whatever you want on your taco, and chips and salsa on the table...way too yummy.  
Abigail was cold, there was a stiff breeze, she gets cold.
Sorry Mariel, but you're still so beautiful, even with your eyes closed, and it was a good pic of Emily.


We got back here and it was still early, seven o'clock, so we had some chocolate, and watched "Lula Rich", the documentary about how Lularoe scammed so many women....

It's not a glamorous vacation, but it's fun, it's relaxing, and I am love love loving it.

And, back at home, another foot of snow is expected on Thursday night....ugh.

My foot/leg cramps are better, I keep stretching and moving them...I feel pretty good here.  I won't go so far as to say that winter in central NY gets depressing, but can we agree that it gets oppressive?  

Oh, you've probably heard that the cold snap here caused iguanas to fall from trees...I read that they look dead, but they'll move again when it warms up.  I'm not sure about the one across the road here in the grass along the sidewalk.  It's a huge one, looks dead, but hopefully it's just temporarily paralyzed.  I haven't exactly cried about the poor thing, but it made me really sad...okay, a few tears did appear.  It was there yesterday and the night before...I am really hoping it's not dead.  

So I'm a few years past being able to hop and skip, but I'm hopping and skipping in my heart, being here with my nice, sweet, fun girls...it's phenomenal.  


3 comments:

Shirley in Washington said...

Sounds like so much fun for you all - to escape from the cold/snow briefly and to be together! Enjoy your time with your girls. Blessings, Shirley

Terri D said...

Hopefully the lizard will wake up if it hasn't already! Glad you are having fun and getting in some relaxation!

Unknown said...

Looks lovely Della 🥰 Enjoy!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦