summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

oh sweet warmth and sandals!

 


So we got here and had some time to spare before our airbnb was accessible.  An iced coffee from Starbucks, and a spot outside the Fort Lauderdale airport in the relative warmth, not too shabby!  It was ten degrees yesterday morning at home, so 68 felt fantastic.  

We got to our place, and the sun was still shining, so I dove onto the outdoor couch, pulled up my sleeves, and got some sunshine on my skin....it's been months!  The pool water is ice cubes, from the cold snap down here...

We walked to Publix, and got coffee, cream, charcuterie type supplies, strawberries, oranges, eggs, bread, jam...
We headed to a local place for dinner...Abigail, Emily, Mariel...

Abigail and I.  We all had burgers, they were so good, with sweet potato fries and cajun fries....I shouldn't eat fries at all, but well, vacation.  I also ordered a maple bacon stout, which was excellent, but I didn't finish it.  I simply cannot tolerate very much alcohol.  

We came back here, and started watching The Gilded Age.  Some of the acting is so-so, and it moves a bit slow, but some of the back and forth between the sisters is funny and relatable.  

Today, we have no plans.  Well, we do have plans, which include getting some sun, and doing not much.  It's partly cloudy, so hopefully that means the clouds part, right?  Because we want sunshine!

I've been awake for a while, of course when I CAN sleep, I can't, ha.  But sitting in a big comfy bed in a nice room in Florida, in no particular hurry, anticipating the first cup of coffee, well, I cannot complain.

I will complain about one thing however...I started getting leg cramps, foot cramps last night...and I said, "I wonder why I always get these on vacation...."  We listed some things:  not enough water while traveling, not enough salt?  Too much sitting...(but I walked 7,200 steps yesterday!).  Then it hit me:  walking in the Birkenstocks.  If I were to do that much walking at home, I would put on sneakers.  I think it's not being used to wearing them, like on out-of-season vacations!  I didn't bring any sneakers, so I'll do lots of stretches today...(there's always something, isn't there?)

Last night, I considered bringing the coffee maker into my room and setting it up, why didn't I?  Ah well...off I go to get some coffee....if it's any consolation to those of you having a busy day, perhaps a cold busy day, I am enjoying the HECK out of this little vacation!  Years and years of busyness...it's just unbelievable, to have this time...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Della! Sounds like your place is lovely 😊 I love Publix too! We used to shop there when inFlorida. We watched THE GILDED AGE too and it was pretty good. Maybe the characters have to develop 🤷‍♀️They don’t have the great British actors though………so we’ll see. Some were good and some just so so…………..Have a fabulous day!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Betty said...

Welcome to florida! Going to b 80 here tommorow so I am sure it will b warmer where u are. Enjoy this time away and store up the vitamin d from the sun. My brother is improving but still needs supplemental oxy. Prayers still needed and very much appreciated.

Linda said...

Grinning...if only you could see me as I am sticking out my tongue. SOON we will be down there permanently. smiles

Anonymous said...

Ah, enjoy it! Hope the leg pain resolves.
Valerie

Terri D said...

Have fun!! xo

Mari said...

Hooray! Enjoy your time there and the warm weather!