summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 17, 2022

writer's block?

 Yesterday I wrote some of a post, three different times.  The result was a disjointed pile of word vomit, even more random than usual.  

My life just isn't that exciting!  Yet, it's never boring to me!  Yesterday morning, I had been sitting here in the comfy chair, when Abigail texted me.  She works from home now with her book keeping business, and has to go into the city now and then to get her mail, and run errands.  She asked if I'd like to go along.  Um, of course!  Just getting to spend one-on-one time with the older kids is nice.  

We took a quick look in the thrift store, she's looking for some sort of storage thing, but we came out with a toy bubble-blowing lawn mower, and three brand new white electrical switch plates.  

She needed a few things in Aldi.  I like how people just randomly give you a cart and wave away the quarter.  It was given to me!,  the nice lady said.  It's only a quarter, but it gives people an opportunity to do a good deed.  (The carts are all locked up, you put in a quarter to release one, then get the quarter back when you return the cart.  It keeps the parking lot free of loose carts, and if homeless people want a cart, at least they pay a quarter for it.)

In the afternoon, out and about again, this time with Emily.  There's work going on this weekend at our church property, so we're serving some meals.  We've gotten pretty good at planning and shopping for these things, and it's quite fun.  (Brekky sandwiches on Saturday, taco salad for lunch, pulled pork, Mac and cheese, and broccoli for dinner, brownies for dessert, Sunday brekky pancakes and sausages...with oranges, bananas, cookies for snacks). This is only a group of approximately twenty, so not too difficult.

We're trying to plan a trip to visit Grandma in Florida soon.  We'd like to bring Sonja K., she is having a most stressful time in nursing school.  It's challenging, she does like it though.  She likes/hates it.  We were thinking of going when the other kids are in Norway.  But, the tickets are as expensive during break as it costs round trip to Norway!  (the kids have fundraised for a lot of their trip)

Cold coffee in the pot nine days old...this is only two hours old, but jeepers.  I don't even have small children anymore, but I do have two very spoiled Labradors.  They were barking their heads off at Sonja's friend who was picking her up for class, I made them lie down and be quiet.  They think they're smarter, and know better, and keep doing their little muffled barks...they just can't seem to help themselves.   Anyway, I gave them nice chewy bone treats, and they were so busy with them, I decided to mop the floors, as I had already swept.   Their usual:  as soon as I start mopping, they start walking around where I just mopped.  

Anyway.  By the time I put some blankets in the dryer, wiped down the counters, mopped...sat back down, and oh yeah!  I never finished my coffee! 

Justin T. , what a guy.  He totally accused a Jewish Conservative of supporting people who wave Swastikas.   wow.  What, pray tell, is he accomplishing by holding on to his requirements?  Just give it up, Justing, give it up.

The fringe, he says.  I think most of us are the fringe.  I honestly hate politics, because of the way we're wired, to be people pleasers.  It takes diligence and zeal to go against that in oneself, to be honest and upright and seek to please only God.  So then you have these people, who would do or say anything under the sun to be looked upon favorably, to get elected, to get power, to keep power...they stray so far from the truth, most of them.  They're not consciously being evil, but I do think that when men taste power, it corrupts.  

Then we, the fringe, just want to live our lives in freedom....our boring, uneventful lives...:)

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I love that you post daily about your ordinary days! I've been blogging for 15 years, with some longer breaks in there now and then. I'm currently in one now, writer's block indeed. I need to get on there and stick with the ordinary days, like you, not worry so much about how little I think it is worth. Grateful for you!
Valerie

Susan said...

Hi Della, Well I have been reading your blog since right before Anya was born which I believe was 7 years ago. Anyway, I have never been bored once, I am usually fascinated by your amazing life!
♥️♥️♥️Susan

16 blessings'mom said...

Valerie, I wish I had been more diligent to write even more, and I totally wish I had started something like this when Emily was born...some of those years are just blurry now, and as you can well imagine, my photographs are NOT all in order in albums. It's nice to look back on, I think.
Susan, I'm glad I haven't bored you, thank you for your nice comment. Anya is eight, isn't that crazy? Elise is four, and their baby brother is due in April...:)