summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, February 13, 2022

never a dull moment...

 This fine cold Sunday morning, I thought I'd take a shower before heading to church...as per usual, I soaped up my face with my special face soap (it was $3, over a year ago, but it's so soft and pure, just macadamia oil and goats milk...)...I turned on the shower, and...nothing.  No water.  I turned the sink on, nope, just a few drizzles that were in the pipe, so I tried to at least get the soap off my face.  

I wandered out to the kitchen,  Paul was making coffee (we keep water in Britta pitchers), and blissfully unaware...so anyway, a burst pipe, and lots of water in the basement.  When he hets home from the hardware store, we'll assess the damages, but I think I'll be cleaning up a mess soon...bye for now, but first, some pictures.

Tennyson loves his vacuum cleaner...
Margaret made some cookies!
On the deck, grilling in the cold!

$3.99 a pound, so good!  Tasted like summer!!!!  (It's my absolute favorite!). Evelyn roasted asparagus, and made fries in the air fryer...amazing.  

And a random picture of six of my girls, from Sam and Grace's wedding:  Margaret playing the guitar, Evelyn, Sonja K., Charlotte Claire, Camille, and Suzanne...

Off I go to help with the mess....


3 comments:

Joybells said...

Oh dear! Good luck with the pipes!!

Unknown said...

Oh no!!! What a horrible thing to wake up to Della. Let’s hope that handy, dandy hubby of yours has it fixed in no time. I’m sure it a terrible mess though 😢 Oh dear……………

Just love the pictures though. Beautiful family 🥰🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear. Sorry to hear about your morning:/
Hope everything can get fixed!
Valerie