summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 3, 2022

just another day....in paradise...

 

Abigail, with a pineapple mango smoothie...it was late afternoon, and rather breezy on the ocean.
So beautiful though!
Mariel and Abigail...
We ubered to the beach, so we had to carry the towels somehow...
That little car looked fun...and silliness in the washroom...(I am not Canadian, ha, but there was a nice little room with sinks outside of the bathroom...)


I had my one drink it was a frozen blood orange margarita...
Too cold, but wonderful!  
Emily liked it.
She ran right down there.

Vacationing with your older kids is mighty interesting.  You're  not really their mommy anymore, but a friend.  But, sometimes I still see Emily, so proud of being able to tell time when she was four, and Abigail figuring out a word, and Mariel, looking like an ice angel in her white fur hat...I remember comforting them, and scolding them, and tucking them into bed, of course.  I didn't do everything right, raising them. But they seem okay with that, and we're friends.  

We did have too much fun yesterday.  The backyard here is so nice, lots of lounge chairs, we had our share of sunshine!   Emily spotted a large iguana in a tree, we watched it go from branch to branch, she called it, "Iguana TV".  The one by the side of the road is gone, which made me almost jump up and down... Emily said maybe a dog got it, and I had to yell at her,  :). 

We walked along the sidewalk on the main road along the ocean last evening, after our dinner of tacos again, at a different place, with different margaritas...Mariel did her research ahead of time, found some places with happy hour specials...eating open-air near the ocean is wonderful.  Anyway, we walked along, spotted a CVS, went in and bought a box of brownie mix.  We had eggs and butter here at the airbnb, so we were all set to make them...watching the last episode of the Lularoe documentary, and eating brownies...ahh, vacation!  

It's been grand.  All the fresh yummy stuff we bought for our charcuterie-by-the-pool each day:  mmm.  Have I stuck to my diet?  well no.  I still try to fast until at least noon, and limit the carbs, but...brownies happened....and some chocolate the day before.  I'm not going to stress about it, just go back to my strict, boring old ways, back in snow laden New York.  

Today is our last full day, we leave at zero dark thirty in the morning.  The latest winter storm will be just winding down when we get home, hopefully the driving conditions aren't too bad.  

One thing's for sure, I do like vacation.  I like seeing new places.  But shh, I also like home...so vacation ends, and yay!  I get to go home!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Thank you for taking us along on your vacation, I had a great time!
Are you going to visit grandma on your trip or maybe she does not live close enough?

Billie Jo said...

How wonderful! I love how much joy you and your daughters bring to each other! That is some A+ Parenting right there! You eat those brownies, my friend. Heck, even lick the bowl if you want! I would! Safe trip home, my friend.

PamL said...

Where did you watch the Lularoe documentary? Sounds interesting...and looks like a great vacation!

Terri D said...

I am so glad you have had such a great vacation with your girls!! Hoping your flight goes as planned and that you don't find too much frozen nastiness back in NY. Keep us posted!!

Linda said...

Sticking my tongue out ((grinning and how grown up of me, LOLOL)) --YES, its weather nasty here. sigh.

Unknown said...

You have had a lovely little getaway 🥰 I think you are going home to cold and snow 😬. Safe travels!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Kanadiangirl said...

Rule #1. No dieting on vacation!