summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

another day, another post...

 

Just some chocolates, and some Rice Krispie treats....pink ones!

It's been snowing like crazy here for a while, the big fat lake effect flakes.  Tomorrow though:  sunshine and temperatures OVER freezing!  

Today has been a stay-at-home day.  I've swept and mopped...in the middle of sweeping, Margaret face-time called me, so I could say hello to Tennyson.  I showed him the doggies, and gave them treats so they could crunch them, and showed him the kitties, and talked to him a bit...then I ended up in my comfy chair, totally forgot about sweeping.  Paul works from home, he was getting a coffee, saw the broom and dustpan abandoned in the middle of the floor, said, "Take a break from sweeping?"  um, no, just got distracted.  He doesn't care at all, but dang it, I try to look busy ha.  It's weird, he works and I don't, and I don't really do too much sometimes, shh.  

I did finish sweeping, I mopped, cleaned off the stove top, steam cleaned the oven, ran the dishwasher...we wash dishes by hand because we have such hard water the dishwasher coats the dishes in white...we do have a water softener system, and an iron filter.   Doing dishes by hand just is better for us with our water. So we just put them in the dishwasher to dry, it's a big expensive drying rack.  I run it every once in a while just to keep it a CLEAN drying rack.

I puttered around, organized the craft baskets and cleaned out my activity club stuff, packed what I'll need for tonight, cut out some hearts for them to decorate treat bags, and made my Rice Krispie treats.  I washed some towels, washed some dishes, and and and.  

There is a dinner dilemma.  I don't know what to make, and I just don't feel like making it.  We don't have enough eggs, so that's out.  Paul and I are mostly low carb, and the girls just had after school snacks (Asian buns, steamed).  We have some leftovers, but blah, and I have ingredients to make different meals, but blah.  I'm just lazy.

Our two cats are mother/son.  She had so many kittens before we caught her between batches and got her spayed.  We kept one cute little Orange Guy.  He is way bigger than her, and he's a bully.  He is also fixed, so they should get along, but he will just jump at her, bat at her, sit beside her and swat her.  He might just want to play.  In any case, one thing I've told my girls is:  never marry a guy who isn't nice/respectful to his mama, because he'll treat his wife badly too.  So the other day one of the girls said, never marry a guy like Orange Guy.

Here are some random things I'm thinking about:

1.  Artur Pawlowski is a Polish Canadian preacher.  He was arrested 11 days ago for preaching to the truckers, a 20 minute sermon, in which he reminded them TWICE to keep things peaceful.  He is in a maximum security jail, 23 hours a day solitary confinement, arrested for inciting violence.  um, what?  Tyranny in Canada.  Justin T. has said himself that he admires China, admires their dictatorship.  

2.  Masks in school need to go bye-bye.    

3.  The shelves in the stores here are definitely lacking.  I went into the Dollar General the there day, and oh my, the food shelves were almost bare.  Walmart yesterday, the Valentine's candy was pretty much gone, and many other items just not there or in small quantities.

4.  Hilary C. did some very underhanded things.

5.  We probably won't be able to get a camper this year, but I'm thinking about buying a new tent...one I can stand up in, and that fits a super duper air mattress.   I mean, 7-10 thousand dollars > a hundred dollars.  

6.  We have THREE 3-day weekends of camping booked, two of them are sites on the water, up on Lake Ontario this summer...one in June, one in July, and one in August.  The older kids have sites too...:)

Okay, enough of this, I have to go make something for dinner....


5 comments:

Mari said...

What a mess in Canada. Stuff going on there that I never would have expected.
And yes, some of Hillary's deeds are coming to light. However, with our current situation, they don't get publicized much, and it will probably get swept under the rug.

Linda said...

...and all along I can hear Trump saying, "I told you so." grin. I am so happy to be leaving NY behind soon and its nonsense. Hello Florida and I won't be needing that $80 enhanced driver's license--since I can't cross into Canada right now--that Trudeau is something else--just as demented as our governor. LOL. Ok I prob, shouldn't say that--but I did, LOL.

Unknown said...

Good morning Della. Just a note to say our border here in Alberta has been cleared up peacefully thank goodness. The police found quite a pile of long guns and ammunition in one or two of the trucks. These are banned in Canada. When the majority of the protesters found out about this they decided to go home as that wasn’t their intent. The owners of the guns had intended to shoot police! The Ambassador Bridge situation has also been cleared so traffic is moving there also…..thank goodness. Ottawa is still under siege I think…… I haven’t watched much of the news the past few days. Also our fancy boy Justin is an idiot!!

I hope you had fun with the kids last night 🥰 I’m like you…..sometimes I just DO NOT FEEL LIKE COOKING……..AGAIN!! There’s just the 2 of us and I often have leftovers and out they come……..or soup and grilled cheese or some eggs. Fortunately my husband will eat ANYTHING I put in front of him.

Have a lovely day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Billie Jo said...

Hello, lovely friend. I was literally sitting here thinking it is grilled cheese and tomato soup night in this house. I visited my mom this afternoon, came home, ate lunch, and promptly fell asleep on the couch. So, there's that! I am patiently waiting for all the news networks to pick up the story about Mrs. C. LOL!!! Have a cozy evening!

Just Me said...

It’s sad that your dishwasher isn’t more helpful with your household tasks. I too have well water that has iron, and goes through a water softener. Oxyclean has a product called Triple Action Rinse Aid Booster that works wonderfully in my dishwasher. It can be purchased at Walmart and I highly recommend it. I use any store brand powdered dishwasher detergent along with the rinse aid and the combination leaves my dishes and glassware sparkling. Hope this information is helpful. God bless you and your beautiful family.