summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, September 10, 2022

another day, another dollar...

Mr. Ed the Talking Horse used to say Another day, another bale of hay...but I hope I'm not that blasé about my days, they are truly a gift.  This fine day, I'm going to be looking after Wulf and Tennyson.  Margaret went camping with the girls, and Adrian has decks to build.  (He's in his third year of college for chemical engineering, but he still does carpentry for fundraising, and for extra jobs) 

So the little boys will be coming very soon, the little boys who have more energy in one baby finger than this grammy has in her whole body.  They will be keeping me busy, for sure!  I have little packages of pumpkin shaped pretzels, and the low sugar drink pouches in the fridge.  There are toys here of course, maybe they'll be content to just sit and play all day, ha.  I am sensing I'll be rushing to and fro, as they will want to be outside.  

Our lunch yesterday:  outside seating, perfect weather, decent food, but excellent company!  Two of my sister's daughters, Becky (with Elena, Ethan, and baby Alex), and Susan (with Theo) (Susan has Will, and the twins Sebastian and Linnea too, in school), and Cheryl.  

Susan and I drove together, so afterward we checked out this little bakery...the cold brew coffee was really good...and I bought half moon cookies for Charlotte Claire and Sonja...Theo wanted a blue cookie.
(Theo, so cute!  Susan, his mama, took this pic)





Cheryl and I...and no, I didn't call her and say Wear blue!  
Elena, Ethan, Alex
Theo and Susan...somehow I didn't get a picture of Becky!  


I got home and helped Charlotte Claire gather camping stuff, Mariel came over to get the truck, I helped them pack in the chairs and awning and tents and bins, then off they went to pick up a few more girls.  Sonja K. got home from her clinical, she was burnt out.  It's kind of a stress-fest all day at the hospital, she cannot and does not tell me patient details, of course, but there was an extremely horrific miss-the-bathroom episode involving both #1 and #2, both in liquid form, and the patient was a very kind and embarrassed person, so this wears on a girl.  Plus, she had to clean it all up, and this was just part of her day.  Nurses are under appreciated, I think.  

So she got home, got changed, and off we went, to decompress.  TJ Maxx and Target, then to Chipotle for some dinner, which we ate in front of the tv when we got home, watching Psych.  

Ah well, my little guys will be arriving soon, I should sweep up and do some things before they get here...Paul gets home from Hungary at midnight, so a late trip to the airport for me, but oh it'll be nice to have him home again....


3 comments:

Betty said...

Ah half moons! I was in Syracuse last month for a funeral and to visit mom at Syracuse home. I really pigged out on them. They make black and whites here in Florida they cannot compare to half moons in fact I was at an Italian bakery in Punta gorda last week and asked for a half moon the clerk gave me a blank stare and I pointed to what was in the case she said those are black an whites! God bless your daughter nurses have a difficult job and do not always get the appreciation they deserve. As an fyi she may want to apply at Syracuse home in baldwinsville when she graduates they have a very generous sign on bonus.

Terri D said...

You and your sister look fabulous! Busy with your sweet kiddos, as always! Blessings!! Have a good Sunday and week ahead!

Anonymous said...

Camping! Excitement! Such a cutie with the bakery. Yum!
Anne H