summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, September 17, 2022

friday! where did you go?

 Well, sweeping and mopping, then out and about...Sonja K. had a bit of time, she needed to decompress.  Her nursing program is difficult and frustrating. There are 13 students left now, from a class of over 50.  So Kathryn was planning to bring Sonja out and about just for a change of scene, and Camille and I joined in...



It looked nice...

But um...no.



Rhys was in my cart, she's too much fun.  I had to talk to her the entire time to distract her from trying to stand up in the cart, even buckled.  She also liked to yell Mama, Mama!  She waves at everyone, and grabs clothes and plays with the tags.  In other words, she makes Target more fun.
Achilles rode in Kathryn/Sonja/Camille's cart...
I was going to buy her this dolly...but upon closer examination, it is a Crybaby doll, with a plug in the back of it's head to fill with water, so it cries real tears.  This is very cool, but the plug itself looked sketchy to me.  Rhys is a clever girl, and I could see her getting that plug out and putting it in her mouth.  To be fair, I didn't just take it from her, she threw the dolly into the back of the cart when she got bored of it.  

She is the cutest little thing though.  

We got home, all relaxed, but I had promised Charlotte Claire that I'd do something with her after school.  Kathryn came in for a bit with the kids, then left.  Sonja headed in to do school work, so Camille and I picked up Miss Char, and headed to pick up some paint...Sherwin Williams is having 40% off this weekend.  Then, to Marshalls where we didn't buy much, but I do enjoy walking around looking at all the things.  The girls found bras, I got one pair of grandchild pajamas.  (This is where I have to stop myself, I want to buy all the cute little outfits!)

We went to the thrift store, Charlotte Claire found some nice things...Nike Air sneakers in excellent condition for $7.99.   It's always an adventure.  Once, Camille found an old sterling silver Sheffield tea pot, it's worth a bit, for just a few dollars.  

Home again...ahhh, home.  The girls had to leave to go up to Margaret's for a fun girls' evening, Paul and I were here all alone, so relaxing.  

My mind is whirring with things I want to do, projects, things to paint, organize...I wish my body would catch up to my mind, and that I would have the time to do them, but such is life.  This fine morning, I have already returned from driving the girls out to our church...they are cleaning/sanding/staining decks of campers for our friends, as a fundraiser to help their trips to Norway.  

I'm headed back out there very soon to help make lunch...there is so much going on out there, we are now building a ski/sledding hill, with a lodge...with saunas and hot tubs!  The goal is to make use of our property more in the wintertime, to keep those young people busy!  So most weekends there is work going on there, as there are also more cabins being built.  This keeps us busy too, because we make nice meals for those doing the work.  

My hip is doing a bit better, a lot better, but it's still twinges with pain if I move the wrong way.  I'm hoping it will hold up for a kitchen shift, because I absolutely love being there in the kitchen with my friends.  I only signed up to do one meal, so I won't overdo it.  

The days just speed by.  Jonathan has been in Europe for two months already.  He keeps in touch regularly, which I appreciate.  He made chocolate cookies for the guys he's staying with, then peanut butter cookies. 


This is the group he works with most days, obviously doing construction.  They have a lot of fun, too, it's not just work.  They get paid for it, plus of course their food and lodging.  I do miss him, but he's having such a good experience, making lifelong friends too.  

Ah well...time to change into some comfy kitchen work clothes and put my hair up...





4 comments:

Terri D said...

I would love to go shopping with you and your girls! You always have so much fun and find such great deals! Glad your hip is feeling better! I enjoy your photos! Blessings to you and yours!! xo

Linda said...

Y'all have sweaters on? Yikes, grin...wishing you a beautiful rest of the weekend.

16 blessings'mom said...

Terri, we do have fun, I wish you could come with us! The hip...ugh, better, but tonight, hurting again...such is life, right?
Linda, you stop it. You sweat, we sweater, ha. :)

Linda said...

Della, LOLOLOLOL (You sweat, we sweater, ha. :) ...in all seriousness, take care of that hip. I forgot to mention that in my comment. smiles