summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

well, here we are...

 My morning coffee is almost gone, I'm making it last because the second cup is never as good.  Never mind, I downed it, and made a new cup, ahhh.  



I have a few autumn mugs, had them set there all cutely near the coffee stuff, as decorations.  I made some pumpkin spice coffees with warm foam for Grace and Kathryn a few weeks ago, and one of them requested it in a "fall mug"...it hadn't occurred to me to actually use these, ha, they were just sitting there, but duh!  Of course we should use them!  The coffee tastes better!

This fine morning, I came out to the kitchen to discover that the girls forgot to put the garbage can away.  The last ones up are responsible.  I could have left the garbage strewn all over the kitchen floor to await them, but nah.  I put on a plastic glove, and started picking it up.  Suri acted like she didn't know who did it.  (One thing I thank the whole Covid thing for:  when it first started, yes I did buy plastic gloves, now I have tons of them for cleaning up messes).

Kathryn is coming over in a few minutes, I'm going with her to the small city...she has to run in and sign some papers at the dr. to switch files, and why bring two small children in when Grandma can wait in the car with them?  I am not sure what else we will do when we are out and about, or if she'll just come here for a visit for a bit.  

Yesterday, after physical therapy, Camille and I just came home.  She has school work to do, and I found plenty to keep me busy. When Sonja got home from class, we went on a little adventure...one of the older girls locked her keys in the car, in the city, and needed the spare set.  Sonja so nicely drove, I do not like driving in city traffic.  I can do it, and will if I have to, but prefer not to.  

We went into the thrift store afterward, and found a few fun things.  

Then home, ahh home.  It was time to make dinner, I got frozen chicken breast out that I had cubed up and put into marinade, and started browning it in some olive oil...added chicken stock, frozen veggies, rosemary, pepper, and thickened it up a bit...we cook our egg noodles on the side, so the girls can have their soup over them, I don't eat them.  I also put some biscuits in the oven...what a nice cozy meal!  Lydia came over, she was going to activity club with me.  She is the most delightful little girl, so much fun.  

Activity club:  we painted pumpkins, then did some apple stamping, then Emily unrolled some big paper and traced the girls so they could color themselves.  She made them tea, and served pumpkin spice pumpkin shaped cookies from  Trader Joe's:  I tasted one, and oh dear, I couldn't have them in the house, can't resist it.  I brought some fruit snacks,  and cheese balls, but saved the drink pouches for another week, as they were having tea.  

Driving Miss Lydia home after activity club is always fun.  For some reason, she wanted to sing Christmas songs.  I started singing, "Something Barked on Christmas Morning", and she wanted me to sing it over and over again, so she could learn it and sing along.  Then I started, "I'm Gettin' Nuthin' For Christmas", and she was enchanted, wanted me to keep singing it...uh oh, it's probably canceled, these days.  She is just too much fun.

So Grandma went up to Dade City to a school there with her neighbors.  I'm sure it's no picnic, and I hope there's not too much Covid going around, jeepers.  The hurricane is looking like a monster storm, I'm praying for my Florida friends, and that Grandma stays safe and comfortable doesn't get too overwhelmed.

Let us know how you are all doing down there!

7 comments:

Deb said...

I don't like city driving either. Doesn't even have to be a city. If it's not someplace I'm familiar with I'll usually try to have hubby take me. I will also go out of my to avoid left turns across busy lanes. LOL

Anonymous said...

I wish there was a quick like button to push on your photos! Like the mugs! Glad to hear that Grandma is safe. Hoping it all goes well down there!
Valerie

Betty said...

It has been raining since 7 this morning light wind here south of jacksonville. Storm is slow moving so we will expect more of same tomorrow, forecast for Saturday and Sunday sunny and 80. We have family and friends still in Dade City they say weather now same as here. I am praying for your mother in law I know it is hard being separated from those we love. My mom is 95 and is a resident at Syracuse home. I visited her in august but being 1200 miles away is hard.

Terri D said...

Hanging in there here in Lakeland but this is the worst wind I've experienced in 33 years here. Irma was bad but not this bad. Hoping the power stays on but many in town are already doing without. Prayers appreciated. Dade City is way north of here so hoping grandma will be okay.

Mari said...

What fun with Lydia! I hope your MIL does ok and I'm glad she is safe. Praying for those in FL!

Unknown said...

How did grandma do? I have a brother in Zephyrhills they are good . They lost on tree on their property and no power ,but everyone is okay.

Unknown said...

Hi Della 👋 That storm was just dreadful! We were watching GMA this morning and it was horrifying. Where grandma is staying seems to be out of the way. Dear oh me and it’s going to hit the Carolinas next 😬 Mother Nature can pack a wallop sometimes.

Your coffee mugs are really pretty. I have to stop myself from buying mugs and pretty cups, but really how many does one need? I have heaps already.

Activity club sound like so much fun. How lovely that Emily made the little girls tea ☕️ They would love that with the yummy cookies.

Have a wonderful day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦