summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 9, 2022

just a weekend...

Charlotte Claire and Camille are going camping this weekend!  We have tents and lanterns and camping supplies on the kitchen table! (shh, I hope that's not where the snake came from, camping stuff, if Camille heard a whisper of that, she'd not be going camping!)  They're going with Mariel, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, and some of their friends, and their friends from Conneticut are meeting them halfway, so they can all camp together.  It sounds like too much fun.  Cam is leaving in a few hours, Char when she gets off the bus.  Sonja can't go, as she has clinical, and a boatload of paperwork/homework.  

Yesterday was a nice rainy day, after physical therapy Miss Cam and I went to the Mennonite stand to get some peppers for their camping trip, then to the Dollar General to get some batteries for the lantern and the inflator thing for the air mattresses.  Yeah, we bought lots of fun stuff in there, and came home without the batteries, oops.  When Charlotte Claire got home from school, we took a little drive, to get in some driving for her, and to go to Dollar General, ha, to get some batteries.

Dinner:  it's a conundrum sometimes.  I like to cook, but I don't like to cook every day!  It's easy-peasy these days, of course, compared to what making dinner USED to be like.  Nursing baby, clinging toddler, kids needing help with homework, getting kids to do their homework, oh dear.  But just because it's easier now, MUCH easier, doesn't mean I always like it, right?  Anyway, we had a package of chicken breasts, so chicken it was...but what kind of chicken?  The girls wanted pot pie, but I didn't feel like making the crusts, it's a labor intensive meal...plus, I cannot make homemade butter pie crust and not eat it, and I don't like eating it, so...I made oven fried chicken.  I sliced those breasts into thick strips, dipped in flour with salt and pepper, egg, then panko crumbs, onto a cookie sheet with parchment and olive oil, a 400 degree oven, and mmm!  The girls ate theirs with rice.  I made a sauce, not a healthy sauce, mind you, but a yummy one:  some butter, some honey, some bbq sauce, a dash of cayenne, some ginger, all boiled up...dunk the chicken in it, and oh dear, too good.  The girls really liked it, so I'm glad I made them dinner, ha.  

Today I'm going out to lunch for my sister's birthday, with her and a few of her lovely daughters.  It's going to be a warm sunny day, and we're going to a place with outdoor seating....my sister is one of my favorite people, and yes, she reads this.  She's absolutely hilarious, but also very serious concerning her walk with God.  She's had so many health issues, yet she doesn't give in to doom and gloom feelings.  She's very thankful for the little things in life.  She has seven daughters, all married, lots of grandkids (26, I think), and is one of those fun grandmas, with a baggie of gum balls in her purse.  

I should do a little housework around here before I go....

 


 

1 comment:

Terri D said...

So nice that your sister can spend time with you!! Mine are too far away. I hope the kiddos have a fun camping trip and don't bring home any more snakes!! Yikes! Have a blessed weekend!! xo