summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 29, 2022

on the go!!!

 This fine morning, physical therapy started at 9:30 for Miss Cam.  I got up at 6:20, to be with Miss Char when her bus came.  Coffee, some comfy chair, then some cleaning up and vacuuming, then a coffee to go, and out the door...PT is about an hour and a half, some with the therapist in the room chatting, and measuring/stretching/having Cam do exercises, and  some with Miss Cam out in the gym working hard, while I relax and look at my phone.  

After PT, off we went to Target...oh dear!  We walked in, and the cute little Starbucks was all closed, with a big gaping hole in the ceiling.  The cashier told us there was a gusher of a leaking pipe, and that all the cake pops ended up in the break room.  Isn't that nice, better than throwing them away?  

We walked around in Target, bought a few things:  chicken breast (I know I've said it before, but shh, their chicken breast is so well trimmed, and a good price, at least at our Target), gum, coffee, a 400 thread count sheet set for Camille for $10.50, razors for me (Target Circle $3 off, so they were $1.99 for a package of I think three), shorts for me that were clearance for $4.80, a present for Elise's birthday coming up next month, a bin for Cam to put her school folders in, and a clearanced soap dish.  Such excitement, ha.

We then went over to the Price Chopper, because...sirloin steak is on sale this week for $4.99 a pound...I know, that's a lot, but we don't need very much of it anymore, and it's SO good.  I also got pork chops for $1.99 a pound, and a small package of burger, that was marked down.  I bought paper towels (ouch!), and a bottle detergent, and two pounds of butter.  Food is so expensive now, we're trying very hard to be better planners and not waste anything.  

We no sooner got home to put away the groceries, and Emily called...this weekend is a junior soccer tournament at church, there is also a senior brunch for the over 60 year olds, and there's kiosk food available for sale for everyone.  Here's the thing:  we usually order most of our stuff from Sysco, and they deliver it.  The odds and ends, I get, or Emily does.  Well, Sysco is on strike.  The truck drivers were on strike a few weeks ago, prompting Emily to rent a u-Haul truck to pick up the giant Sysco order, which was quite funny.  Now, the other workers have joined.  They said they worked hard all through the pandemic, promises were made to them, and weren't fulfilled.  I don't know much about it, but we had to go buy all of that stuff we usually order, so:  Costco today.  

Miss Emily, who is busy enough, she my nurse practitioner by day, shopper/meal planner for church by night ha.  This was a big order, three carts full...our friend Cathy met us here with her truck, so I was able to go home after shopping, ahh...I found a few things for me there, too, like the chocolate covered almonds, they are too good, some seltzers, chicken breast strips, 6 cans of pumpkin, and some heavy cream.  

The drive home was quiet, me all by myself (I had met Emily there, she came from work)
I did slow down while taking these pics while driving...the vast beauty of farm country wasn't quite captured, but the evening lighting is not too shabby.   I do like the crisp days.

Home, ahh home....the girls had made a barbecue chicken pizza, and were enjoying it while watching a show...so I put some of the chicken breast strips in the air fryer, and had a bowl of shredded cabbage with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Paul made a few burgers for himself, and had some of the chicken...we don't always sit down at the table together as a family anymore, life happens.  

The girls all left to go clean at church, to get ready for this coming weekend.  I was way too tired to go, after the shopping and lifting...I had gone out and about yesterday, too.  Kathryn had to sign some papers, so I went to watch the kids, then  we went to Walmart, as I needed doggie chow and kitty food.  
Rhys Harper, you are way too cute.  There was a Mickey Mouse shirt, and she liked it.
She liked this hat...no, actually she didn't.
But Achilles thought it was hilarious...
Achilles and Kathryn...
Achilles and Rhys got to see Charlotte Claire get off the school bus!

Oh dear life is busy sometimes.  The whole situation in Florida isn't far from my mind, as we were just there...what a mess.  My mother-in-law is fine, there was no damage in Zephyrhills, that she knows of.  But the poor people of Fort Myers, and Orlando, and and and!  


5 comments:

Deb said...

Busy day! I miss the fun of shopping. I used to like to just get up and go, buy this and that. Then I quit working and money was a lot tighter, and the pandemic hit and kept us all home more. And now with high prices...I just don't care to go anymore. I miss it.

I wonder if that Sysco strike is effecting where my son works (where I used to work). He works in a juice factory that makes a lot of Sysco things, and also uses Sysco things. I'll have to ask him. Interesting.

16 blessings'mom said...

Deb, I know, it all adds up, and eeks. I do try to be careful. We didn't really stay home more during the pandemic. Six of the kids were here during that time, we actually went out and about quite a bit. We went to Target at least once a week, and Walmart sometimes. The prices now ARE shocking, butter was $4.69 a pound in Target the other day! I didn't buy it, but when I saw the 4-pack for $3.62 a pound at Costco, I bought it. Who would've thought that $3.62 a pound for butter would seem reasonable?! Hmm, I don't know if the strike would affect his factory, but if it went on long enough, it seems like it would. I really hope it's resolved soon. The manager at Costco told us yesterday that Costco pays their employees nicely, so you won't see them going on strike. Sysco needs to step it up and raise some pay.

Michelle in FL said...

Hi Della, I live in Fort Myers (not the beach area, more inland) and my family is okay. It was scary going through the storm but we fared much better than others. We are in shock and heartbroken at the devastation.

Terri D said...

I hope we are able to meet in person one of these days when you visit Florida! Zephyrhills is only 30 minutes from Lakeland! You sure were busy. Loved the photos of the kiddos!! Adorable! Happy weekend! xo

16 blessings'mom said...

Michelle, I can only imagine how scary it would have been to go through it. Just being down there when the news was all about the upcoming hurricane, wow. I'm glad your family is okay. I don't know how people even begin to rebuild from that...
Terri, we definitely should meet one of these days...I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend!