summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

what is this?!

 ...I'm cold!  I'm actually cold, should-dig-out -the-slippers, find-the-sweater cold!  Okay, so it's 64 degrees (17.7c), so it's just slightly chilly, and overcast, perfect fall weather.  It feels nice to be cold, actually.  I know, I know, it's a different kind of nice.  REALLY NICE is walking around the yard in bare feet, in shorts, never needing the sweater.

Today, in line with the autumn-y weather, we are going to the apple orchard!  It sounds like fun, and hopefully it will really be fun.  Grace is coming here with Grant and Ruth, and Kathryn with Achilles and Rhys, and off we will go to get some apples, a gallon of cider, and some of those hot cinnamon donuts.  I will not have cider or donuts, but I will have an apple later!  The kids are all little, so we don't have grand plans to pick loads of apples, just a few, for the experience.  

Yesterday after physical therapy, Miss Camille and I went to Target, then the thrift store, as I get 25% off on Tuesdays. She found a new shirt, I found some Osh Kosh things for the grandkids, some leather Marc Fisher boots for Emily, a brand new Little Tikes basketball hoop ($3.74!), and two Lularoe dresses, for me, $6 each.  It is too much fun.  Oh, Camille got two new tea cups, Johnson Brothers from England (with saucers), for a total of $3.20.  

We went to the grocery store just quick, because they had ground beef for $2.99 a pound, and the whole bean coffee I like for $5.99 a bag.  We stopped for gas, then home, ahh home. 



 At home, I started cleaning up, putting things away, and making meatballs.  I had to prepare for Activity Club, gather the markers and crayons and paper, wrap a few presents as we were celebrating Anne's birthday, and get the prizes together, gather candles and a lighter.  Dinner:  angel hair pasta, with meatballs in sauce.  I skipped the pasta, had four leftover chicken wings that were in the refrigerator, and some meatballs. 

Then, off to AC.  Miss Lydia came over for a while, then drove to AC with me.  She's in the older girls' group, I work with the younger girls.  The boys have their own group this year, they had fun running around on the playground, then painting cars.  Our girls ran around too, then made fairy flower crowns, and colored, before our little birthday party.  Then, there was running around again, kids have energy!

I drove Lydia home, and ahh...after cleaning up the kitchen, I got to relax a bit...bed time already?  Where did the day go?  

Now here I sit, have to get up and sweep these floors, and get ready to go!  

1 comment:

Terri D said...

I would be looking for a jacket if it was in the 60s!! Love the pictures!! xo