summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, September 19, 2022

raining cats and dogs...

 ...and I'm not cuddled up with a book and a coffee.  This morning, Kathryn had to bring Rhys in for a check up, so I watched Achilles for a few hours.  I made him pancakes with sprinkles, and got out lots of cars.  I showed him pictures on my phone, and gave him a snack of some cheese puffs and a little orange, all peeled and sectioned nicely.  He ate ALL of the cheesies, and none of the orange.  :)

In a few minutes, I'm headed to his house, because his mama and daddy are going to Buffalo for a football game.  I'll be spending the night, because they will get home so late.  

After Achilles left, I got out the cabinet paint and painted a few more doors.  Yes, I probably should remove the doors and roll the paint properly.  But, it ain't happening.  The original paint job a few years back, we did all the right steps, the sanding and de-glossing and cleaning, and priming and rolling, with all the hardware removed (and spray painted).  I'm using the very same paint (Sherwin-Williams Alabaster, in flat, I love flat paint, probably should have gone with satin for cabinets, but I love it).  So I have a nice paint brush, and am just giving them a new coat.  They look so much better, and this paint is so forgiving, looks smooth even with a brush.  

Anyway, I filled up my time, packed up an overnight bag, my handy dandy backpack, and had a few extra minutes before I get up at the last minute and hurry out the door, so I thought I'd blog.

Yesterday, after church, Evelyn came over for a bit...then Margaret came with Wulf and Tennyson, then Emily came for a bit.  We had beef brisket, baked potatoes, roasted broccoli and red peppers.  They went out for ice cream (pumpkin ice cream and cheesecake ice cream, in a twist!).  I stayed here because Em had just gotten here, and she brought chocolate covered coconut almonds from Costco.  Do NOT buy them, especially if you adore Almond Joy bars, you won't be able to resist.  She brought them back home with her, but not before I ate just a few too many, oh they're good.  I don't eat much candy, but some things are just worth it.

Anyway.  I really have to get out the door this fine rainy day...tomorrow, PT for Cam, and probably the thrift store, there's an Aldi across from it, and we need a few things...Wednesday, water aerobics (I need to get back at it!), and a meeting in the evening, then...Thursday:  Florida!!!!  A weekend in Florida with Molly, Kathryn, and Camille!  Just a short visit with gramma, a trip to the beach, some relaxing...and back home...a 3 hour direct flight, yes please...hoping it's not delayed or canceled...and off I go, last minute came quickly, ha!

4 comments:

Mari said...

Have fun with Achilles!
And Florida! You will have a great time. Hope that flight goes smoothly.

Deb said...

If it was the Buffalo Bills game they went to, I'm glad to see the Bills won. I picked them in the little football pool hubby and I have going against each other. lol

Yesterday was a nice day here, but today is very dark and rainy. Oh well, we could use a little rain. =)

Unknown said...

Hi Della…….when I got up this morning it was 5C 🥶🥶🥶 Maybe we’ll get a nice long fall here, but the Farmer’s Almanac says early winter and cold with lots of snow 🥶🥶🥶 Not exactly what I was hoping for. Can I come to Florida too??

It will be good for you to get back to your water aerobics. Doing it in the water takes the strain off the joints. I have started back into tai chi 😊 My late husband and I did it for several years but when he died I lost interest. Anyway after 30 years I’m back and loving it. Just excellent for mind AND body. I do some every day and it is very relaxing I have to say.

I hope the PT went well for Camille today and that you had fun shopping. I’m going this afternoon to look at bras 🙄A couple of mine seem to be past their prime! 🤣🤣🤣

Have a lovely day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Mari, thank you, we did have fun with Achilles and Rhys...mama and papa came home from the football game late in the night, so Camille and I slept in their guest room. This morning, Achilles was quite cranky, I think he thought his mama was going to leave again. He was perfectly fine for us, so good and fun and happy, but for some reason, small children inadvertently punish their parents for leaving them, it seems. It was fun though, we had coffee with Kathryn this morning before leaving for PT, a different morning.
Deb, yes, the Bills! Good for you for picking them! I know nothing about football, it simply doesn't interest me. I can tune it out, or tune it in once in a while when there's a good play. I could live happily every after without ever watching it:). I love the dark and rainy...most of the time...hoping for sunshine and warmth in Florida though! Because, beach!
Marilyn, I know, I need to get back to it, prioritize it again. So many things come along, and I have to put my foot down and just GO. Bra shopping, ugh, but oh so nice to have a new one!