summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 15, 2022

getting things done...

 ...it was chilly this morning, 53 degrees on the car thermometer on the way to physical therapy with Camille this morning.  I was warm however, I had done some dishes, vacuumed, and mopped the floors, put away clean laundry, and shh, I also did have my coffee with my feet up in my comfy chair.  I get up early:)

After PT, Paul was out sweeping the driveway to prepare to coat/tar it, as it's been more than a few years since we've done this.  I got into some shorts and a tank top, because the sun is shining in a clear blue sky, so may as well get some of it!  The pool deck still had floats and chairs and toys, it all had to be cleaned up and put away.  I got it all sorted, then picked some tomatoes and squash from the sad looking garden.

When Sonja got home from class today, I was washing the front of the house.  She helped me a bit, we hosed it off, looks better, but not perfect, as we didn't get the tall ladder out.  The front faces the north side, so it gets yucky and has to be cleaned with detergent and bleach.  

An iced coffee on the deck, then Char and Sonja helped me put away the umbrella, and carry in the things from the pool deck.  Puttering around, taking care of things, getting things done...now, ahh, another break in my comfy chair.  Paul is still out there with the driveway tar...so yeah, a teeny tiny bit guilty...:)


It'll be nice to cover up that paint we spilled in the driveway a few months ago.
Yesterday was Apple Picking day!  
Me with Rhys, and Achilles

Achilles picking apples
Kathryn with Grant and Achilles
Pink Ladies, mmm.
Kathryn, Rhys, Grace
Ruth liked the stones!
...me with Ruth...she's so funny, she likes to walk, but no way was Gramma going to let her navigate around those puddles without holding a hand, she'd be taking a bath.

Ahh.  Life is busy.  Paul and I are supposed to go pick up a door for Sam's house, at a place an hour from here...but he's in the middle of doing the driveway...

So my hip is feeling okay today, it was awful for like a week, I almost called the doctor, ha.  Then it got better, so good thing I didn't!  I'm sort of kidding, one of these days I probably will call.  I don't know what they can do for me, and I detest going to the doctor, but I might just do it anyway.  

In the mean time, I do what I can to stay healthy.  I avoid sugar, keep rather low carb, except for when I eat the crust from the pot pie.  I don't eat cookies or bread, but sometimes I do have a few fries.  9 times out of ten, I eat only one meal a day.  This is a normal sized meal, and usually low carb.  I should be thin, but I think my metabolism is messed up.  I do drink coffee in the morning, usually the first cup black, second cup black if I'm home, if I put it in the travel mug, it's got cream in it, and if it's from a coffee shop, it's got cream too.  I don't cheat during the day, no tastes or bites, but I did take some bites from a few apples in the orchard, because how can you not?  Did you SEE those Pink Ladies?  

I try to keep active, and am planning to get back into the water aerobics class, now that pool season is over in the back yard.  I do some push ups now and then, and have to start lifting the ten pound weights again.  

Tomorrow, I plan to get some paint to do the upper cabinets, and to paint the doors in the hallway.  I'm thinking of getting the sewing machine out again, have some ideas...and I have new curtains to put up in the kitchen...

And now, things to do!


3 comments:

Kanadiangirl said...

A gas-powered pressure washer should clean up the house very nicely! Mine can even take off paint, if I use it close enough to an object.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

So happy you stopped by Pandora's Box - we are neighbors! We used to be even closer when we had a house on Cross Lake! What a beautiful family you have, so blessed!! Have a wonderful weekend!

16 blessings'mom said...

We actually have a pressure washer, but our hose water bypasses the water softening system, and if we get water on the windows, oh dear, white spots galore...on the screens especially. This turns into a much bigger job, ha. We did a pretty good job, we have this broom-like attachment for the hose, and bleach with Dawn spray is pretty good.
Patti, Cross Lake is a hop, skip, and a jump from here. :)