summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

another big day!

Yesterday started out as a medium sized day, but as we went to Costco, after vacuuming and cleaning up the house...brought home some Costco hot dogs and pizza slices for lunch, and a few chickens for dinner....along with the other things we didn't know we needed...

Camille really needed a new coat.  Has anyone noticed there are way less options for shopping these days?
I mean, K-Mart, Sears, all those mall stores...we do have a big mall in the big city, but it's not the safest place anymore, we just don't go there.  
Jamie, Achilles, Rhys...(she fell in a stony parking lot the day before, poor girl)...

Some lucky trick-or-treaters will get these...I'm going to Margaret and Adrian's house to help pass out candy, so I can see the grandkids dressed up.  

Maeve Louise
Ruth Eleanor
With Grant

Anyway...Grace was here with her three little ones, as we pulled into the driveway.  One small child had an accident, one small child stepped in dog stuff, there were popsicles to put in the freezer, and other exciting details.  Babies needed feeding, and children needed feeding.  We got settled in, and had a cozy afternoon with coffee for us...and popsicles for the kids.  Camille made cupcakes for Activity Club, as we were celebrating Elise's birthday, six years old.


(Activity Club was too much fun.  We set up a play vet clinic, and they each got a dr. kit from the dollar store, in a little party favor bag with mini packs of M&M's and fruit snacks...they put bandaids on their stuffed animals, and there was a real puppy there too...

He was the life of the party, Mr. Remington.  He loves the kids, loves people.

Maeve and Denzel, cousins, and a happy grandma.

This fine day, I'm going to the pool, then to the store, then making three pot pies, an apple pie, and a pumpkin pie.  Jonathan is back from a trip across the country with four of his European friends.  They started out a few weeks ago, drove south, then west, then north, then back east.  They are all going to be here for dinner tonight.  So I have to get moving, have to clean up the house too.  I feel a day late and a dollar short...doesn't help that I had a coffee on the way to Activity Club last evening, ugh.  I could NOT fall asleep, then when I did, oh no, it was that should I get up to use the bathroom, or ignore it and have an awful night...I got up.  I had to fall asleep all over again, it was two o'clock.  I woke up at six, and had to get up at 6:30, so just stayed up.  

Anyway.  Sonja is home from work, so goodbye for now!


3 comments:

Mari said...

oh my word - cutest babies ever!

Terri D said...

Crazy busy, as always! I don't know how you do it. I wish we had a Costco close by. The nearest one is 35-40 miles away. We have two Sam's Clubs in town, though. Your littles are all so adorable!! Sorry for the boo-boo!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Mari, aren't they sweet?
Terri, our Costco is a half hr. away, but you can take back roads, and it's a nice drive. We don't go too often. It's at least fifteen miles to get anywhere from here though. I know, Rhys is so adorable, and her owe-boo-boo is so sad!